Chapter Five

Kae’lynn Rodriguez (Four years later)

 It’s been four years since I’ve last seen or talk to Jacob. I’ve doing good. My guy friend, Michaelis staying with me. His baby mama drops off their daughter, Alisha every weekend. It’s the weekend, so I decided that we should go to the park. I was looking cute. I was dressed in a blue floral Summertime ‘’23’’ dress, with all red mono Vans. My hair was back in a slick ponytail. My lips wore MAC ‘Mineralize’ rich posh tone lipstick. I was rocking a black Vince Camuto double wrap watch. I grabbed my white floral crochet backpack. I walked out of my bedroom, to the living room. Micah was playing with Alisha.

 ‘’Come on, you guys.’’ I said. Alisha ran over to me. In Micheal words, Alisha loves me like a mother figure. Michael got up, walking over to me. He was so tall. We walked out of the house, down the sidewalk. Michael had Alisha on his hip and his arm around my waist, pulling me close to him. Micah and I were really comfortable with each other. We walked up to the park. He put Alisha, letting her run over to the swing.

 ‘’You want some ice cream?’’ He asked. I nodded, looking up at him. Michael is 6’3 and I’m still 5’0. We walked up to the ice cream truck.

 ‘’Hello, what would you like?’’ The nice Spanish asked.

 ‘’Could I get a cookies-n-cream ice cream cone and for my beautiful friend here, could I get a vanilla ice cream cone.’’ He said, taking out the money. She handed me, my vanilla cone and Michael his cookies-n-cream cone. He handed her the money, then we walked around. He had his arm wrapped around my waist.

 ‘’Daddy! Daddy! Can you come push me, pretty please?’’ Alisha asked. He walked away, with her. I walked around, looking at all of the young couples. I was one of them once. I bumped into someone.

 ‘’Sorry.’’ I said.

 ‘’It’s ok.’’ A smooth voice said. I looked up to see Jacob. He looked down to see me. ‘’Kae’lynn is that you?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yeah, it the same ole’ me.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’Wow, how have you been?’’ He asked.

 '‘I own my own online boutique, and I’m a model. I also have my degree in Business.’’ I said. He smiled, looking down at me. ‘’How have you been?’’ I asked, looking down at my Vans.

 ‘’I’ve been good,  I’mma part-time model and I’m a realtor in the local area. What are you doing at the park?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I’mma with them.’’ I said, pointing to Micheal and Alisha. ‘’What are you doing here?’’ I asked, looking at him.

 ‘’I usually walk through here. So, you’re in a relationship and have a child?’’ He asked.

 ‘’No, he’s my guy friend and that’s his daughter. I’m single as a pringle.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’Oh, so could I get your number so we can keep in touch?’’ He asked, looking down at me. I handed him my iPhone 5s. He smiled, handing me his iPhone 5s. I put my number into his phone then handed it back to him. He handed it back to me then smiled. ‘’Maybe we could have drinks.’’ He suggested.

 ‘’Maybe, see you later Jacob. It was nice seeing you.’’ I said, walking away. I walked over to Michael. He put his arm around my waist, then put his head into my neck. Jacob looked over at us, then walked away. I smiled, letting Michael kiss on my cheek.

 ‘’Who was that?’’ He asked, watching Alisha swing low.

 ‘’My ex, Jacob.’’ I said. I felt him nod, then he walked over to Alisha. He grabbed her, putting her on him hip.

 ‘’Let’s get going. I’mma gonna make your favorite.’’ He said, wrapping his arm around my waist. We started to walk back to the house. ‘’So, Alisha do you wanna go shopping tomorrow?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes!’’ She shouted, excitedly. If Michael would, he would spend all of his money on her, but we got bills to pay.

 ‘’Kae, you trying to go with us?’’ He asked.

 ‘’You know I go to the gym on Saturdays, then I have to send off orders for the boutique.’’ I said, looking up at him.

 ‘’Oh, I just wanted to spend sometime with you.’’ He said. I looked up at him, smiling.

 ‘’I’ll make it up to you.’’ I said. We walked into the house. I went upstairs to my office, to see if anyone order anything else. I have a lot of orders, and I’m glad I’m successful. I walked out of my office, downstairs. Michael was in the kitchen, cooking. I walked up behind him, hugging him from behind. ‘’I’ll make it up to you, Mikey.’’ I said.

 ‘’It’s ok Kae. I’m not mad, I understand you got your hustle. Maybe, we can go to the fair when it comes in town, but remember you need to hook me up with ya’ modeling partner.’’ He said. He has a crush on my modeling best friend, Jennifer.

 ‘’I’ll see what I can do, you can’t be breaking her heart or I’mma break your face.’’ I warned, unwrapping my arms from his waist.

 ‘’I won’t, just next time you see her, bring to the house for a girl’s night or something.’’ He said. I nodded, pecking his cheek.

What do you think? In the MM, is Michael & Alisha. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella