Chapter Eleven

Kae’lynn Rodriguez

 After that day, Jacob hasn’t be his normal self. I did tell him, I was going to be there for one entire year. It’s just for business, my aunt wants me to help her with her new boutique. Speaking of Jacob, I did tell him I would be his girlfriend again.

 ‘’Baby!’’ I shouted, walking into his house. I walked upstairs to his bedroom. He was laying there, looking sick as a dog. ‘’Baby, what’s wrong?’’ I asked, in concern.

 ‘I’m fine.’’ He assured, but the way he looked didn’t convince me he was ok.

 ‘’Jacob, you are not fine.’’ I said. He was about to get out of the bed, but I made him lay back down. ‘’I’ll go make you some tea.’’ I said, walking out of the bedroom. I walked downstairs, to his kitchen. I put the tea kettle on the stove.

 ‘’Baby.’’ I heard Jacob groan. I turned around, looking at him. He looked so bad. He had a blanket wrapped around his body, and his afro wasn’t all that hot.

 ‘’No, you’re going to go lay down Jacob.’’ I said, pushing him but he didn’t move. ‘’Princeton, stop being hardheaded.’’ I said. He knows when I say Prince and Princeton or his full name I’m serious. He groaned, walking over to the couch. He laid down, looking up at me.

 ‘’You know, I appreciate this.’’ He said in a raspy voice.

 ‘’I just want my baby to feel better.’’ I said, getting up. I walked into the kitchen, pouring him a cup of tea. I walked back into the living room to see he was knocked out cold. I placed the tea on the coffee table then covered his body with the blanket. I pecked his forehead. There was a knock on the door. I walked over to the door, opening it. It was Kelsie.

 ‘’Hi, is Prince home?’’ She asked, looking down at her bag.

 ‘’Yes, but he’s not feeling well. Could you come back when he’s feeling well?’’ I asked, thinking about four years ago. She was the reason I lost Jacob.

 ‘’Ok.’’ She said, walking down the steps. Nala was walking up as she was walking down.

 ‘’What the hell is she doing here?’’ Nala asked, walking into the house. I closed the door, locking it.

 ‘’I don’t know and we have to quiet because Jacob ain’t feel all that hot.’’ I said, walking into the living room. I put my hand on his forehead, he was hot.

 ‘’Alright.’’ She said, sitting down on the other couch. ‘’What is this about I hear about my bestest friend moving to the ATL?’’ She questioned, getting out her phone.

 ‘’Yeah, I’m going to down there for a year. My aunt needs me to her for business reasons.’’ I said, rubbing Jacob’s back.

 ‘’What about your online boutique?’’ She asked, looking over at me.

 ‘’I’ll just take everything I need down there.’’ I said, looking over at her. Jacob sat up, looking over at Nala then laid back down. He went back right back to sleep. ‘’Let’s continue this conversation outside.’’ I said, getting up. I walked outside to the patio, sitting down on the stoned ground. Nala took a seat beside me.

 ‘’What about us and your relationship. Are you try to get back at Jacob from all the time he was on tour or out of town?’’ She asked.

 ‘’I’m grown now, that was back then when I was a teenager. I’ve learnt from those events. This is to help my family.’’ I said, looking over at her. I’m not doing this to get back at him, if anything I’m gonna miss him like crazy.

 ’’Hmmm, I’ve gotta go.’’ She said, getting up. We hugged then she let herself out. I walked inside, over to Jacob, who was moaning and groaning.

 ‘’Boy, did you drink your tea?’’ I asked. He nodded, then groaned. ‘’What hurts?’’ I asked, sitting down beside him.

 ‘’My throat and head.’’ He said.

 ‘’Aww, did the tea help for your throat?’’ I asked. He nodded, then laid his head on my lap. ‘’I hate to see you like this.’’ I said, running my fingers through his afro.

 ‘’I hate to see you leave.’’ He said. I sighed, looking down at him.

 ‘’I hate to go but I have to.’’ I said. He turned to not face. I know this was tearing him up in the inside but he doesn’t show it. ‘’I’m sorry Jacob, but my family comes first. If they need me, I’m there.’’ I said. He got up, walking upstairs. I sat there, thinking. I got up, following him to the bedroom. I laid in the bed with him, wrapping my arm around his chest.

 ‘’I’m sorry, I just don’t want you to leave then forget about me. I don’t want our relationship to end like it did.’’ He said.

 ‘’It’s not, as long as I can trust you to be loyal and faithful and you can trust me to do the same, we are ok.’’ I said, smiling. As long as we truly love and trust each other, we’ll be ok.

What do you think? Princeton doesn’t what Kae’lynn to leave. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella