Chapter Fifteen

Kae’lynn Rodriguez

 We were back in LA, and Jacob has a major surprise. I had a blindfold over my eyes, so I couldn’t see. I placed my hand on my pregnant belly. Jacob was getting to me with his surprise.

 ‘’Baby are we there yet?’’ I asked, whining.

 ‘’Actually we are.’’ He said. I felt the car stop, and Jacob get out. The door on my side open. He helped me out, and we walked up felt like cement. Jacob took off my blindfold and I was in awe. It was a beautiful house.

 ‘’Is this ours?’’ I asked. He nodded, and I attacked him with a bear hug. He almost fell but he regained his balance.

 ‘’Chresanto and my old friends help with it.’’ He said. I walked up to the house. I walked inside, and was blown away. It was so beautiful. I felt a arm snake around my waist.

 ‘’Jacob, I love you so much.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’There is another part to the surprise.’’ He said, taking my hand. He lead me outside. We had a beach in our backyard.

 ‘’This is so beautiful!’’ I exclaimed, pecking his lips. He hugged me, then we walked inside. The representative will be here at one. I sat down, rubbing my belly.

 ‘’Is my baby ok?’’ He asked, looking at me. I nodded, laying down. He sat down beside me, rubbing my belly.

 ‘’What are gonna name our baby boy?’’ I asked.

 ‘’It’s gonna be a girl.’’ He said. I rolled my eyes, huffing.

 ‘’Well I think we should name him Christian or Justin or Christopher.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’For our baby girl we should name her Nyla and Jasmine.’’ He said. I nodded, rubbing my belly. This baby is so active, it’s always wanting something to eat or making me go to the bathroom. I laid back, running my fingers through my hair. ‘’Baby, I got another surprise.’’ He said. I got up, following Jacob. He opened a door, revealing a candy red 2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-class GL450.

 ‘’Baby!’’ I shouted, hugging him. I got in, looking at it. I looked in the back seat, to see a car seat. I got out, kissing Jacob all over his face. ‘’You are such a sweetheart.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’I know, but we did a baby room too but we didn’t know what gender, so we stopped.’’ He said.

‘’We’ll know the gender, next time I go to my doctor’s appointment which is Friday.’’ I said, rubbing my belly. We walked back into the house. I sat down, looking at the TV. I watched Friday. I looked at the clock, twelve fifty. There was a knock on the door. I turned to Spongebob, then got up. I walked over to the door, opening it.

 ‘’Hello, I’m Tina. I’m a representative from the adoption agency.’’ She said.

 ‘’Hi, I’m Kae’lynn.’’ I said, shaking her head. I moved to the side, allowing her walk inside. I closed the door, sitting down on the couch. Jacob walked into the kitchen. ‘’This is my boyfriend, Jacob. Jacob, this is Tina a representative from the adoption agency.’’ I introduced.

 ‘’Let’s get started. Have either of you been in any legal trouble before?’’ She asked, taking out a notebook.

 ‘’No ma’am, we both have a clean record.’’ I said.

 ‘’Do either of you drink or smoke?’’ She asked.

 ‘’I might have a drink here and there but I don’t drink since I’m pregnant. Same for Jacob.’’ I said.

 ‘’Do you have any child experience?’’ She asked

 ‘’Yes, my friend has a four-year-old daughter, I helped raised her from her birth to now. Jacob has a cousin that he helped raise, so yes we do have child experience.’’ I said.

 ‘’Ok, Mr. Perez do you have a job?’’

 ‘’Yes, I’m a local realtor and I do modeling on the side.’’ Jacob said, placing his hand on my belly.

 ‘’How much do you make a year?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Around one hundred thousand to two hundred thousand, just depending on the economy.’’ He said.

 ‘’What about you Ms. Rodriquez?’’ She asked.

 ‘’I own a online boutique and also like my boyfriend, I model. I make about fifty to seventy-five thousand a year. ’’ I said.

 ‘’Ok, I need to do a home inspection and you two need to take drug test.’’ She said.

 ‘’Will our regular prescription drugs show up?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes, Ms. Rodriquez but we’ll call your doctor’s office and see if the prescription was prescribed.’’ She said. I nodded, and Jacob guided her around the house. I sat back down, rubbing my belly. Jacob and Tina walked back into the living room. ‘’Here are your home drug test.’’ She said, handing a box to us.

 I walked into the bathroom, taking the test. I put it back into the box, then walked out. I handed her and she smiled.

 ‘’I’ll be here for a week, so your tests should be done in two to three days.’’ She said, walking toward the door. She walked out, closing the door behind herself. Jacob walked over to me, smiling.

 ‘’I think we’re going to get her home in about a month or so.’’ He said. I smiled, pecked his lips.

What do you think? Do you think they are going to get their little girl? Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella