Chapter Four

Kae’lynn Rodriguez

I opened my eyes to hear a faint snore behind me. I turned to see Jacob. I smiled then pecked his lips. He woke up, smiling. I smiled at him, then he pecked my forehead. I laid there, staring at him.

 ‘’Goodmorning, princess.’’ He said.

 ‘’Goodmorning, prince.’’ I said. We got out of the bed, walking downstairs. I sat down on the kitchen counter, looking at Jacob. He took out a pot, sitting it beside me. ‘’Baby, you made my favorite.’’ I said. He nodded, turning around. He gave me a nose kiss then grabbed two plates.

 ‘’This was suppose to be last nights dinner, but when I went to get you, you were asleep.’’ He said. I smiled, putting some of the spaghetti and meatballs on my plate. Jacob put them into the microwave then he sat down beside me.

 ‘’So, you wanna do something today?’’ I asked, looking down at my black & pink striped socks.

 ‘’I’m sorry but I’m going out with Kelsie today. I promised her that.’’ He said. I looked at him like he had three heads. He’s always going out with her but doesn’t wanna go nowhere with me. I hopped down from the counter, walking upstairs. I walked into the bedroom, to the ensuite. I stripped out of my pajamas, stepping into the shower. I’m gonna be straight up, I’m the jealous type. I’m ok with Nala, Rachel and Kennedy because we all come from the same block, we grow up with each other, and we know each other mamas. Kelsie came out of nowhere. I got out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body.

 I walked into the bedroom, sitting down on the bed. I rubbed cocoa butter lotion all over my body. I got up, walking over to my walk-in closet. I slid on a black Victoria’s Secret bra with matching thong. I slipped on a white/black Body Central chevron print tube dress, with black/white/true red Air Jordan 12 retro. I walked into the bathroom, brushing my hair. I put on my MAC 6 false eyelashes. I slid my gold Topshop spiral ring with chain. I walked out of the bathroom, grabbing my black Michael Kors large bedford zip crossbody bag. I walked downstairs, toward the door.

 ‘’Where you going?’’ He asked. I grabbed my car keys, looking back at him.

 ‘’Somewhere, you’re not.’’ I said, walking out of the door. I walked over to my car, getting in. I put the key into the ignition. I pulled off, turning up the radio. I don’t even know where I wanna go. My phone began to ring. I grabbed my bluetooth. ‘’Hello?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Hey Lele, Prince called and told me you were mad at him. What happened this time?’’ Nala asked.

 ‘’So, I wanted to hang out with him because I’ve been missing him and I wanna spend time with him before he goes on tour. I ask him if he wanted to hang today and he’s gonna tell me he has plans with Kelsie. He goes have and has fun with her more than he does with me. I’m just wanna quit this relationship. Nala, you already know I’m the jealous type.’’ I said, turning the corner.

 ‘’I’ve had Prince on three way this entire time, my bad.’’ She said. I literally wanted to punch her through the phone.

 ‘’Babe, I never wanted you to be mad or jealous.’’ He said. I ignored him, thinking about where I should go. ‘’Kae’lynn I know you hear me.’’ He said.

 ‘’I hear you but I don’t wanna listen. Have fun, because I swear on everything I have you will be sleeping on the couch, so don’t even try to get in my bed tonight.’’ I said. I hung up, taking off the bluetooth. Y’all many think I’m bitchy, but I’m not. I pulled back up to the house, sitting in the driveway. I got out, walking up the pathway. I walked into the house, going into the kitchen.

 ‘’Kae.’’ I heard someone said. I turned to see Jacob. I turned back around, grabbing my plate from the microwave. ‘’Bae, you feel like I spend more time with Kelsie than you?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Didn’t you hear what I said? Jacob, I even told you from the get-go I was the jealous type. Maybe we weren’t meant to be, like we thought we were.’’ I said.

 ‘’Oh you really think that?’’ He asked, getting all up in my face. I pushed him out of my face, then sat there on the counter.

 ‘’Yes, Jacob. We haven’t been like we were in the beginning.’’ I said, looking down at the floor. He looked sadden, by what I said.

 ‘’Find we’re done.’’ He said, walking out of the kitchen. I got down, sitting down on the kitchen floor. After two years of my life, we’re done. I hate it had to end this way, but he’s not putting in effort anymore. The tears started coming and I put my head down to my knees. I cried silently to myself. I felt someone tap me on my shoulder. I looked up to see Jacob, he had bags in his hands. He got down to me, kissing me passionately. ‘’I’ll never ever forgot you and I’ll never ever stop loving you.’’ He said, walking away. What have I done?

What do you think? They broke up after two years. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella