Chapter Thirty Four.

Start from the beginning

"What was that about?" Austin wandered over to me. "I just had a few questions for him." my voice cracked. "Please don't cry baby. I promise she's going to be okay and with us." he whispered.

He hugged my tightly. I cried on his stomach as he kissed me on the top of my head. "I promise." he said once more.

I wiped my tears, "I guess your daddy instinct kicked in today." I gave him a small smile while he gave me one back. "Yeah, I guess so." he responded.

I think if Austin wasn't here I would have already been in jail for murder, and Leilani probably would of been in a foster home.

Hours had passed before the hospital told us that we had to leave, so we decided to go home and wait for some type of word.

"What are these cops doing?" Austin seen them from way down the street. "I asked the cop if he would see how they were getting in our home." I told him nicely.

"Ry, I to-" "No, Austin. I'm acting out of being a mother and a wife. Let them do their job, and let me do mine." I cut him off.

"That's true, Austin. You needed to check on it the first time." his dad added.

The four of us stepped out and approached the cops. "Sorry, this is a crime scene please step across the street." one of them said while pointing across the way.

"This is my house. What are you talking about crime scene?" Austin asked. The cop I had asked for a favor approached us. "I got it, Lopez." he told the cop.

"Ma'am, I found several cameras in the house. Some how they didn't disconnect the ones you had, but would delete footage." he begin.

I looked at Austin's face he looked surprised and very, very pissed.

"We identified the suspect who brought the bear and note. The people listed in the note are will soon be in custody." I took the keys from Austin.

I'm over the fucking games.

I knew exactly where Elijah lived. I'm going and raising fucking hell.

•••

I heard cop sirens coming, so this has to be quick. I walked straight in, so by the door already being opened he knew.

"Elijah?" I yelled. "Where's my ba-" I felt as hands covered my mouth. "Please cooperate with me. I don't wanna hurt you." he screamed in my ear.

I heard a baby whining in the distance.

Leilani.

Eden walked slowly around the corner empty handed.

She's here I know she is.

Elijah held me down as Eden stood quietly in front of me. "Why? Austin trusted you dude. Y'all are fucking cra-" "SHUT UP." he yelled.

The cop sirens were now in front of his house.

"What the fuck!" Eden yelled walking towards the front door. Elijah threw me down running towards the window to see the police surrounding their house.

I got up and ran towards the way Eden came in. I seen several doors. I found myself looking in every single one until the last one.

The door was closed and had a big 'H' on the outside.

Harley.

I opened the door exposing Harley leaning over a crib. She raised up and smiled as she saw me, "Rylee, look! Daddy got me a baby sister."

What the fuck where wrong with these people. I looked at the baby in the crib it was Leilani. I picked her up to see if she was okay.

I heard running down the hall. I quickly ran and locked the door. It was going to save me some time to call Austin.

They begin twisting the doorknob, and knocking constantly. Leilani started crying, and Harley was now scared.

"What's going on, Ry?" she asked me. Harley backed away slowly getting closer and closer to her headboard.

I ignored her and called Austin. The cops had a plan to come in, so the only thing I needed to worry about was keeping us three safe.

They continued to knock like dumbasses. I wasn't going to let them in they were going to have to find a way.

I put her desk chair underneath the doorknob just in case. I walked over to her, sat on her bed and tried my best to calm Leilani down.

"Look, Har. Your dad, and uncle has done some mean stuff to me. I just wanted my baby back." I mentioned. "That's your baby?" she asked.

I shook my head. I finally took a breather and looked at Leilani. She was so beautiful, I had forgot this was my first time being able to hold her.

The knocking had stopped so I figured they thought of a way in here.

My heart was racing, but I was going to do everything to keep her safe.