eight; beginning

suggested song - ??

"you can stay here, gray." i told him as he put the boy down on my bed.

"there's very little space in here, sel." he laughed.

i rolled my eyes, "so? we can just take the floor. jacks in his room, afraid of his possible new betas reaction to him. i need you as a helping hand."

"fine. but let's bring the couch in here for you to lay on; if not i'm going." he told me.

"fine." i smiled. i turned around and gray was already dragging the couch into my room.

grayson was my older brother, basically. he's family to me.

"i think we're going to be here a while." he laughed.

i nodded, "late night convos are the in thing right now."

he pulled a confused look, "you know everything about me."

"but i want to know more about cody, only if it's not sensitive subject." the sound of his name makes grayson's mood change completely.

"well, if i'm honest, i'm not sure what i can say. i don't know a lot about him." he informed me.

it's heartbreaking he's not allowed his kid because jason is afraid of werewolves.

"we will soon." i yawned.

"here." grayson handed me his blanket to share it with me, "i won't tell ethan."

i nodded and got under the blanket with grayson, snuggled up to him.

he was so warm, warmer than usual. probably his warm heart?

"night gray." i told him, and fell fast asleep.

—————

at around ten, i started to wake up. grayson was still in deep sleep, the boy was close to waking up.

i believed it would better if the first thing he saw was me, i don't look like a threat and nothing like my half shift unlike the others.

i got out of the blanket and sat beside my bed.

"ow...... my ... head .........." i heard him groan.

i turned around immediately, "hey are you okay?"

"i'm.. not sure." he continued, rubbing the back of his head. "i feel weird. who are you?"

i moved onto the bed, "i'm selena. what's your name?"

he sat up, "ash. why am i here?"

"well, i'm not sure if i can say, it's not my place. you're in my friends and i apartment, we saw you bleeding." i told him, truthfully. "can i see your wrists?"

he was confused at first, but then showed me both of his wrists. "shit." i mumbled to myself, "stay here."

i left the room and ran into jacks, "jack?"