five; a friends promise

suggested song: empty space - james arthur
listen on loop

jack's pov

"it was the best." she smiled.

talking about her mate, made her feel like she was on top of the world; she was the only girl in the world to him.

"i bet." i laughed, "how did you get back?"

she paused and laughed nervously, "i guess ethan brought me home. he forced me to shift - only god knows why - making it impossible for me to shift back."

"so he was in my apartment?" i asked, firmly.

"yeah... sorry." selena said genuinely.

"it's fine. i'd just rather not have him in my apartment."

she smiled slightly, "i understand. anyway, wanna do anything today?"

"i need go visit somewhere. you can come if you want?" i told her, she nodded and walked into her bedroom to get dressed.

my one rule, was to not have guests late at night, especially not him. not after what's gone on.

yet, she ran back to him.

i got ready for the day, and selena and i walked to my car. we both had own cars, but we couldn't drive each others.

"what did you talk about to ethan last night?" i asked her.

"just small talk and the new law back home." she told me.

i focused on the road as we drove, occasionally i'd look over at her to see if she was okay.

she was perfect.

but not mine, his.

i couldn't change anything, it doesn't matter if i care for her, she'll run back to him. i'd run back to my girl if she was still her.

"so where are we going?" selena asked, breaking the silence.

"you'll see."

—————

we arrived at a park on the outskirts of london.

"if you wanted to go the park, there's one five minutes down the road, you know?" she laughed as she got out of the car.

"this one means something more to me, it's not just a park." i told her. i picked up the bunch of flowers that i brought on the way here.

we walked through the park until i stopped at a maple tree, in front of it was a bunch of white roses, other flowers and a white bear; on top of that was a picture of her.

"who's that?" selena asked.

"my girl. that's billie." i smiled just thinking about her. "it's been eight years without her."

"she's beautiful. i can't believe i've never come here with you before." selena said. "but, i'm sorry to ask, why is this here? i thought you both lived in america at the time."