two; chasing dreams

suggested song; the night we met - lord huron
listen on repeat

"how could you not realise who that was?" i shouted down the phone.

"look i couldn't see her! how was i meant to know!" james shouted back.

james knows about all this supernatural stuff, he isn't part of it though; he doesn't understand it.

but he knows eyes.

"where did you see her?" i said calmly.

"a club at waterloo, it's south london. you can't come to london straight away, can you?"

"yeah, i can. we'll meet you there; see you tomorrow."

—————
selena's pov

due to the panic i faced last night and this morning, i stayed in the apartment all day instead of going out or having a job and going to it like jack.

but i was getting used to london weather, it's cold and rainy all the time. all the time.

it always suits my mood.

fun fact, during these five years, i'm growing control of my power; i escape haley, no idea where she is now.

one power i had no idea i had was that i could influence emotions on others. jack doesn't have this power, he has something else but he refuses to tell me.

another power is that when i give of an emotion, i can make people see hallucinations.

even with all this strength and power, i'm still who i was before i met ethan; i'm still the same girl that was best friends with jess who so desperately wanted me to find ethan.

she wanted me to chase my dream, i wanted her to chase hers.

my dreams gone.

sure, i could still have it, but it's safer that i don't - it's safer for him.

it's sad really. i can't live without someone when i have so many other people.

i want to love jack. all that he's done for me, how couldn't i?

but i can't. he may of had a girlfriend before he was turned, but there's still someone out there for him.

i grabbed my laptop and opened youtube. seeing that in recent videos posted, there was one by the twins.

"what's up guys, we're back.", grayson introduced, "there's been a change of plan."

"grayson and i are needing to take an emergency trip to london for our family business." ethan told me through the screen.

"the tour has been pushed back, and will be starting in the new year." grayson sighed.

"we hope you guys understand and are okay with this. we'll keep you updated."

"peace."