four; a brothers' bond

suggested song: youth (feat.khalid) - shawn mendes
listen on repeat.

ethan's pov

i missed this. we just ran for hours, until she passed out. i had to carry her home!

luckily i was able to get her into her room without jack hearing me.

but when i got home, i just felt exhausted and all anger and stress came back to me.

"how was it?" grayson asked.

"it was great." i told him and sighed, and walked into my room.

i heard footsteps follow behind me, "well what happened?" he asked.

"we just talked." i rubbed my eyes and got into bed.

"that's it?" he asked.

"yes! that's it! do you mind? i want to sleep." i told him and rolled over to face the wall.

"i was just curious because you..."

"grayson stop!" i shouted and punched a hole in the wall.

i sighed, "she's staying with jack, i want to kill him."

"but you didn't kill him. it's progress."

"why do you always try to find positives when there isn't any?"

he started to walk out of my room, "because you're my brother, and all i've got left."

when selena left, i felt the need to leave town and run away myself; i told grayson to not come with me, but he didn't listen, he never does.

he's lost everything. his friends, family, girlfriend, and at points, even me.

i probably tell him to go home and be with his friends nearly everyday, he doesn't want to. he feels as if he needs to be with me.

you thought a brothers bond was strong, try a twins bond.

at the end of the day, i know i'll always have him and i won't lose him because of my stupid decisions. i take that for granted when i probably shouldn't.

he's all i have.

—————

grayson's pov

sometimes, i feel like giving up. i try with ethan, but he always blocks me out and neglects me.

he's the worst older brother but i love him.

the world isn't safe for things like us, we have to stick together no mater what.

what i hate is that he gets everything, he still has selena. he still has his friends. i have no one. nothing.

i left everyone for him, but it was my decision. not his.

but he takes it for granted.