Chapter 33

Tori

No, I didn't spend the day with Jonah. It wasn't for Daniel's sake, I won't let him control me, but it was for my own sake, protection so that he has nothing to throw back in my face when we have an argument later. And I say when not if because I'm a hundred percent sure something will go down at this dinner. Whether it's during or after it, something will go down.

I told my mother that I didn't feel like going out tonight, I tried to convince her with a fake cough. But that was futile as she told me that she didn't care; all she wants is to go out and get to know Daniel. Fantastic. So instead, we're currently in her room as she rummages through her closet, telling me to get a grip.

"Mom," I sigh, plopping down on her bed. "Why do I have to wear a dress?"

"Because, Tori," she turns her head to look at me. "I'm not letting you show up to a fancy restaurant in those denim jeans and vans."

"How do you know it's going to be a fancy restaurant?" I raise a brow.

"I don't want to sound rude, but it's Daniel. He bought you a freakin' car for your birthday, Tori. Guaranteed it's a fancy restaurant - probably sixty dollars for a steak."

"And how come you accepted his offer again?" I raise my brow higher.

"I didn't want to be rude and decline it; he insisted." She flashes a smile, before continuing shamelessly, "And it's free food, who would reject that?"

"Mom!" I scold, laughing.

"What?" she shrugs casually. "At your age, I'd go on date after date just for a free dinner."

Still laughing, I shake my head, before rising to my feet. "Besides that, do I have to wear a dress? You know I hate dresses."

"Yup," she quickly answers. "Try this black one." Standing up from where she crouched besides her closet, she approaches me and hands me a black dress with a few patterns of white lace - a dress that looks very slim fitted, with off the shoulder straps.

"Seriously, Mom?" I hold the dress against my front, studying my reflection. "Does it have to be so tight?"

"It's fine, Tori, it's classy. You're a woman now and no one is going to judge you for embracing your curves."

"Curves?" I turn to look directly at her. "What curves are you talking about?"

"Shut up." She rolls her eyes and swats my arm. Oh yeah, I inherited the eye-rolling from my mother. "You have a beautiful body and I won't let you think otherwise. I'm sure Daniel appreciates it," she teases, sending me a wink.

I don't even want to hear his name right now.

"Please don't," I grimace.

"Speaking of, when are you thinking about having sex with him?" she bluntly questions, and I immediately turn red.

How about... yesterday?

"What the hell, Mom?" My eyes go wide, as if I wouldn't even consider going there with Daniel. "We're not even an item yet."

"You're not? Then why is he meeting the parents already?" she questions, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Erm, because someone invited him." I fold my arms. "Do you recall?"

"Oh yeah," she laughs lightly. "I do remember that. So you won't be doing the deed anytime soon?"

I let out an exasperated laugh. "No!" Lie. "Why would you even ask that?"