« 14 »

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER FOURTEEN• ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

||▹track playing: i love you - kim seokjin||

"No!" You hit the glass once you saw the monitor line go straight. "Don't! Taehyung please!"

The doctor started doing CPR on him to try to get his heart pumping again.

Namjoon wrapped you in his arms and you cried into his chest. You couldn't look at Taehyung's lifeless body. It was too hard.

Inside, the doctors were charging the cardioversion machine to try to reset the heart's rhythm back to its normal pattern.

"Tell me when it hits 200 joules." The doctor ordered the nurse and she rubbed the two pads together.

"It's ready." She passed him the pads.

"Three, two, one, Go!"

Electric shock one.

"Namjoon," You sobbed. "I can't lose him."

"Shh, Y/N," He consoled. "Everything will be alright."

"Three, two, one, Go!"

Electric shock two.

Tears left his eyes knowing Taehyung could die. His best friend could die.

As much as I feel I need to let go, I can't.

I'm weak.

I'm struggling.

I'm hurting.

But it cannot end this way.

I must tell you that I'm sorry.

For hurting you.

For worrying you.

For loving you.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"His pulse is back! We have to go into surgery. Contact the anesthesiologist." The doctor commanded.

"Y/N look!" Namjoon exclaimed.

You turned around and looked at the monitor. Lines—constant zig zag's appearing from the left side of the monitor and disappearing to the right.

"Measure his blood pressure." The doctor ordered.

You pressed your palm against the glass and sniffled.

"You're back." You whispered.

• • • •