Dress Shopping...

Avie

"Why can't I come," Collin whined as I got ready to leave with Macie, Lacie, Kamery, and his mom.

"Because, Collin, you are not supposed to see my wedding dress until the actual wedding. Gosh Collin, I have told you this a million times," I said as I snapped the back onto my earring and made my way down the stairs to Hadleigh's room. I picked her up and kissed her.

"But why? You never want to go by any other tradition, so why now?"

I walked over to him and smiled. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him lightly on the lips, "I'll see you later Collin," I said and walked out the door and got in the car with Lacie and Macie.

"God, what took you so long," Lacie asked as I got into the car.

"Collin. He just couldn't get it through his head that he couldn't go with us," I said shaking my head. They laughed and drove on to Kleinfeld.

When we got there, Lacie walked to the front desk and smiled, "Good morning, we have an appointment for 11:15."

"Alright. Under what name?"

"Avril Lunnah."

"Thank you, and here you are. Come with me," she said and led me back to a set of white couches with mirrors in front of them. "Your consultant will be with you in a couple of minutes. Thank you for choosing Kleinfeld," she said and walked back to the front desk.

A few minutes later, a woman that looked to be in her mid forties walked up to us and smiled, "Hello. My name is Barbara, and I will be your consultant for today. Now, who is the lovely, blushing bride, huh?"

"I am," I said smiling proudly.

She looked over to me and her eyes widened and she smiled, "Well, Avril Lunnah. I never thought that you would work out with Aaron. You know with him being on half were and you being full werewolf and all," she said.

My eyes widened and a confused frown made its way onto my face. Collin's mom looked at me and I shrugged, "Uhm, excuse me, but how do you know me or....Aaron," I forced his name out of my mouth.

"Oh, I am Aaron's aunt on his fathers side. I am a full werewolf too."

"Oh. Well, not to burst your bubble, but me and Aaron didn't work out. I have a mate and a daughter. This is his mother," I said pointing to Claire, "And, I hate to tell you this, but Aaron is dead."

"Oh well, never really liked the little shit anyway. So what type of dresses would you like to see?"

I sat in shock for a minute, then finally shook it off and responded. "Well, I am not that picky. I am open to just about anything," I said and she nodded.

"What about a budget?"

"Well, I was thinking-" I started but was cut off by Claire.

"No, budget. I am paying. It is the very least that I could do," she said looking at me and I smiled in thanks.

"Wonderful! Now, where is the venue," she asked.

"We are having it in a clearing behind our pack house."

"Alright, then. Just go back into the dressing room and I will bring you some dresses that you might like. It won't take much more than a few minutes."

I nodded and walked back into the dressing room and waited. After a couple of minutes, she came in with a few dresses. I looked at one that had less fabric than it should and looked more like a cloth than a wedding dress. I said an automatic no to that one. The next one I looked at, I actually tried on. It was a full princess gown with the puffy sleeves and all. I didn't really like it but I put it on just to show them something. I walked out and spun around for them. I looked back at the girls and they all had weird looks on their faces. "Yeah, I didn't think so either. Oh well, on to the next one."

I walked back into the dressing room and slipped into another gown. It was beautiful. It was another princess gown, but strapless with a black floral pattern going up the side of the skirt and bodice. I walked out and showed the girls and they all smiled. I looked at myself, and yes, I admit that I looked really good, but it wasn't THE dress. "I really like it, but its not THE dress, if you know what I mean," I said and Barbara nodded and said that she had one more that I could try on. It didn't have the full puffy skirt like the others, it simply flowed over my body like water. It fit tight against my breasts and waist and had a lace trim across the top. There were straps that had almost a Roman feel to it. It was perfect. I put it on and walked out. "Aww"s and "how beautiful"s came from around the room. I turned around and looked at myself in the mirror and tears streamed down my face.

"This is it."