Love Always Wins...❤

Avie

Finally midnight. I swished my tail nervously and looked around the field. Suddenly, there was a lightness to me. Like I had been holding my breath my entire life and now I could finally breathe. Then I could smell it. That smell. A kind of smelly smell. A kind of smelly smell that smells....smelly. ANCHOVIES!! No no no! Off track.

Mate. One simple word from my wolf put me back on track and made me the happiest person on the planet. I looked around and waited for him, but when Collin started walking towards me, fear washed over me, and before I could think it through, a growl ripped up through my chest and he stopped in his tracks.

No. No no no! Don't! Please, ease please don't, I thought over and over to myself hut it was too late.

Collin jumped passed me and darted into the woods. I stared after him and he stopped and let out a agonized howl that will haunt me forever. He looked back over his shoulder and I saw one lone tear roll down into his fur. He turned from me again and lurched himself into the trees.

I turned to run after him, but was stopped by my brother. I looked at him and he just shook his head. Pain. That was the only thing I could comprehend as I threw my head back and let out my own howl. Both me and my wolf called for him...

He didn't come.

The pain was too much for my wolf, so I involuntarily shifted back. I curled in on myself and started to cry. Isaac walked over behind a tree and brought me back his shirt. I took it from his mouth and pulled it on. He laid down beside me and pulled me closer to his body with his giant, gray head. I buried my face into his fur and laced my fingers into it.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, so I turned around to see Alpha Ace. I wiped my wet eyes and looked up at him. "I-I I'm s-sorr-ry..." I stumbled out and he shook his head and opened his arms up for me.

I left my brother and ran into his arms, "Honey, it's o.k. He will come back," he said and I just cried harder.

I couldn't say anything. I sat there, teats rolling down my face and I tried to wrap my head around what I had just done.

'Collin. Please come back....I didn't mean it,' I said, trying to talk to him through the pack bond, but when realized he had blocked me, I broke down again. Sob after sob broke through my lips until the Alpha picked me up and carried me back to the pack house.

"Oh God! What's wrong with her," My dad yelled as he came out of the house and took me into his arms. Alpha explained what happened and suggested that I stay at the pack house until Collin came back. He said that it might ease some of my pain. "Do you want to, Baby?" I nodded and was carried up to one of the spare bedrooms.

He left me to get comfortable in the bed and shut the door behind him. A few minutes after I had gotten comfortable as I could in the huge bed, Macie and Lacie burst into the room and engulfed me into tight hugs. "Oh honey, we are so sorry!" I started to cry again and when I stopped, they pulled back to look at me, "Do you want us to stay?"

I shook my head at them, "No. I'll be fine," I said as silent tears slid down my face.

"Alright, honey," they said and walked out of my room and left me. I cried my self to sleep that night. Trying to think of ways that I could make things right with Collin.

                                 Collin

It was around half past one when I finally went home. When I came in the door, my dad was sitting on the couch, looking at me. "Hi, dad," I said and walked over to him and sat down in the chair across from him.

"Son, do you know where your mate is?" As soon as he said mate, my features hardened.

"No," I said coldly.

"She is upstairs in one of the guest bedrooms. She only just stopped crying." As soon as he said she was crying, my heart dropped and my face softened and guilt washed over me. "Collin, son. I don't think I have ever seen that girl cry that way. Are you proud that you done that? To your own mate!" I dropped my head in shame. "Fix it, son," he said firmly, but quietly and I shot up from my possession on the chair and ran to the stairs. I followed her wonderfully addictive scent down the hall to the guest room across the hall from mine.

I stood at the door and took a deep breath before I opened it and stepped into the room. I sat down on the bed beside her and looked down at her. I saw the tear tracks on her face and my heart gave a small pang, knowing that I did that to her. Suddenly she shifted in the bed and slowly opened her eyes. She looked around and then finally, her beautiful blue eyes landed on me.

"Hi," I said and she just looked at me with wide eyes. Suddenly, her lip quivered and she started crying again. She buried her head in the pillows and I heard her quiet sobs. I took her into my arms and hugged her to my chest. "Hey, baby I'm sorry. please don't cry," I told her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm so damn sorry."

She pulled back and looked at me, "I didn't mean it, Collin, I swear! I was scared and-" I cut her off, shaking my head.

"It's not your fault, baby, it's OK." I said.

"It is, damn it! It us," she yelled and I held her fave, wiping away her tears with my thumbs.

"No. Its not," I whispered as I looked into her eyes. "Its not." I stroked her checks and down her hair, then slowly, leaned in and pressed my lips against hers.

                                  Avie

When he kissed me, it felt like a thousand sparks went off inside of me.  I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms tightened their hold on my waist, crushing me to his chest. We pulled back when we were both breathless and looked at each other.

"Don't leave," I said quietly and a small half smile broke across his face.

He ran his fingers across my jaw and shook his head, "I wasn't planning on it." He stood up and unbuttoned his shirt and let it drop to the floor. I stared at his beautifully made body and smiled to myself. He's mine.

He crawled into the bed beside me and reached over and pulled me into his side, wrapping his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest and entwined our legs. He smiled down at me and kissed me lightly on the forehead. "Goodnight, Avie," he said and I started drifting into sleep. Right before I slipped into unconsciousness, I could swear that I heard him murmur I think I love you.