Finishing Touches...

Avie

I groaned as I flopped down onto my bed beside Collin. He looked over at me and laughed. It had taken us all day to finish painting, but we had gotten it done. It was 9:45pm and I had just gotten out of the shower and crawled into bed with Collin.

Collin smiled at me then looked down at my tummy. He put his hands on it and drew small patters on it with his fingers. "We are really having a baby," he said and leaned down and kissed my stomach.

"Yeah. We are," I said, running my fingers through Collin's blond hair. "What are we going to name her?"

He shrugged, "I don't know. What about....Emily?"

"No."

"Zoe?"

"Nuh Uh."

"Hmmm. What about Carson?"

"Well, that is okay, but what about Hadleigh?"

"Hadley?"

"Yeah, Hadleigh. H-A-D-L-E-I-G-H." I said and he smiled. "Hadleigh Carson Ace."

"Hadleigh Carson Ace. Its perfect," he said and I snuggled into his chest. He kissed my head and tightened his arms around me, "Good night, baby," he said just as I slipped into unconsciousness.

                                   •°•°

I woke up in the morning with the sunlight shining brightly through the window, but I wasn't quite ready to go shopping with Collin for the furniture just yet, so I just kept my eyes closed. Suddenly, Collin started talking.

"Good morning, baby," he said. At first I thought that he was talking to me until he continued. "It's your daddy. I can't wait to see you. Your mommy and I have been getting your room ready at the new house. I always wanted to be a daddy and your mommy gave me the best gift that she ever could. You. I love her very much, and you too.

"Some things that you might want to know about your mommy and your daddy is that we are werewolves. Just like you. You might even be Alpha one day, just like mommy and daddy. Oh, and your mommy is terrible at faking sleep," he said and started laughing.

"Collin!" I yelled, but couldn't keep the smile off of my face. I slapped his with a pillow but he continued to laugh. He pulled me to his chest and kissed me on the cheek.

"Baby, you had to know that I knew that you were awake," he said still laughing, and I shrugged. "Come on, lets go buy that furniture and the rest of the crap that you wanted." He said and I nodded. I got up and pulled on a black T-shirt and some shorts with converse. I brushed my hair and let it hang down. Collin pulled on some jeans and a blue T-shirt and work boots and we walked out of the bedroom door and out to the garage.

First, we went to Lay - Z Boy and picked out our living room and dining room furniture. Then we went to this other store to pick out the bedroom suits. For our bedroom, we picked out new flooring. We got black stained hardwood and some black area rugs. We bought these cool black light fixtures that hung from the ceiling and two small black side tables. When we picked out the bed, we decided on a cool soft white bed with black bedding.

Then we picked out the furniture for Hadleigh's nursery. I picked out a white crib that grows with her, a matching white dresser and changing table. I got a purple area rug and white curtains. I picked out purple and light green butterfly bedding and lamps. I bought her purple changing mat and little picture frames that I would put pictures of me and Collin and her in.

For the dining room, I bought matching maroon blinds and dark stained wooden table and six chairs. I also got this cool little chair that attaches to the wall with a tan cushion on it. I got mostly the same things for the guest rooms. A white bed, chair and bedding. The living room and game room was fun. I got a huge white sectional with a recliner for two at each end. We got a glass coffee table and a large HD TV - that Collin was excessively happy about. I got a pool table, a Foosball table, an air hockey table, a couch and chair, a large TV , a PS4, XBox One with Kinect, and a Wii.  We decided to have it all delivered to the house that day, so as soon as we bought it, it was packed into a truck and sent to the house to be unpacked. The only thing that posed a problem was the furniture for the theater room.

"What do you mean it can't be delivered today," I said, already furious.

"I'm sorry ma'am. We have a policy. Only next day delivery."

"Why you little-" I started going at him, but Collin stopped me.

"Think of Hadleigh, Avie," he whispered in my ear. "Give me your manager." The manager happened to be in our pack and had no choice but to do as we said. The sales clerk went and got him. "Sam." Collin said addressing him as one of the pack members.

"Alpha, Luna. You request my presence?"

"Yes, your Luna and I want the furniture we bought delivered to or new home, and apparently, you cannot make that happen, but I highly suggest that you do," Collin threatened, letting his canines elongate, and then shorten again.

"Yes, sir. It shall be delivered within the hour."

I smiled, "Thank you, Sam."

Sam smiled back, "Yes, Luna. You are welcome."

"Come on, lets go get some lunch," Collin said as he wrapped his hand around mine and pulled me to the car. We drove down the highway to Zaxby's. We went inside and sat down at a table.

"What would you like to drink?" the waiter asked us.

"I'll have a Coke and so will she," Collin said and the guy nodded and brought back our drinks.

"Are you ready to order?" I nodded and he pulled out his little pad.

"I will have the chicken tender plate," I said.

"I will have the same," Collin said and the waiter nodded.

"I will bring that right out to you." A few minutes later we got our food.

While we ate, it was mainly a comfortable silence, but towards the end, Collin started a conversation. "So, when are you planning to move in?"

"Well, it is already Wednesday, so I was thinking that we finish arranging the furniture and putting the finishing touches on tomorrow and move in on Friday."

He nodded. "I thought that maybe, if we get everything done today, we could move in tomorrow."

"Alright, as long as the finishing touches are done today, we can move in tomorrow." We had finished lunch and Collin asked for the check. He paid for it and left a $10 tip on the table and we left. It had been about and hour and a half since we left the store, so they should be done unloading everything. We drove out to the house and the truck was just backing out and leaving. We pulled up to the front and got out. The living room and kitchen was perfect. Just the way I wanted it.

I walked around and checked the guest rooms and they were good. I then went back downstairs and checked the theatre room and it was good as well with all of the chairs and couches in the correct places. The game room was good. Finally, I went back up to the second floor to check Hadleigh's room. It was perfect, but something was missing, then it clicked. I went and got the left over purple paint and painted 'Hadleigh Carson' across the door. "There," I said, "done." 

"Come on, lets go check out our room." We walked up to the third floor and opened the doors to our room. It was just how I envisioned it. Even the book shelves and chairs and lamps in the library and the towels and shower curtain in the bathroom!

"It's perfect! We can move in tomorrow!" I said excitedly. I reached up and kissed Collin lightly on the lips. "I love you. So much, Collin."

"I love you, too," he said and we walked down the stairs hand in hand. He looked around the living room, "We are really doing this."

I smiled, "Yeah, we are," I said as we walked out of the house. Our house.