Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT 
Blake and Ian avoided me now. The next two days were quite and I ended up calling on the wendigo to strength myself. Since they wouldn't come near me. I was awake in bed and all I could hear was Jewels growling in her sleep. Everyone go back just before dinner and now it's 2am and not even music was helping me sleep. I growled annoyed before rubbing my face. I got up out of bed and pulled on my long fluffy socks. I walked out of the room with my keys in hand and made my way towards Blake's room. I let myself inside the room being quiet as possible. I grabbed the phone off the charger and made my way outside and up to the top outside. I dialled a number and held it to my ear. 
"Hey you reach Jason. Text me." The voice mail said. 
"Hey jas. I know you said you never wanted to hear from me again but I just wanted to hear your voice again." I said softly before hanging up. I sniffed before wiping my nose and eyes looking at the sky. Jason was the guy who I hurt. We tried to have sex one and I scratched his face and then refused to do any more. I told him that he wasn't strong enough to have sex with me and that it would never happen. And he got upset about it. The phone started ringing I looked at it. It was Jason. I answered it and placed it to my ear. 
"This better be fucking important Blake. I'm sick of your fucking early morning phone calls because you are obsessed with another human." Jason said annoyed I couldn't speak. Jason knew Blake. "Blake. Dude you there? Speak to me what happened?" Jason said worried. I squeezed my eyes closed for a moment. 
"It's not Blake." I said hiding all emotion from my voice. 
"Shit Gemini." Jason said I couldn't pick the tone. Concerned maybe? 
"I'm sorry I called you." I whispered. 
"Why do you have Blake's phone?" He asked angry now. 
"Because we go to the same school," I whispered. 
"And you are the girl he is obsessed with. Of course you fucking are." Jason said angry. "You are going to destroy him! You are a fucking bitch! Now stay the fuck away from him or I'll tell him how you use people to your advantage." Jason snapped Growing extremely aggressive. 
"Fuck you." I said harshly tears falling from my eyes. "You think I asked for this? Do you think I want to be that strong that it makes it impossible to ever be with someone physically again! I would give anything to be normal again anything! So don't treat me like I wanted this!" I snapped at him and hung up. Why did I even think he would want to talk to me again? I put my head on in my hands as tears fell from my eyes. The phone started ringing again. I answered it without a reason. I mean. Maybe he will be sympathetic 
"I swear to god Gemini. If I find out you are sleeping with Blake or Ian I'll hurt you more then you can ever imagine!" Jason snapped 
"Fuck you Jason. Just fuck you! You will never understand anything. You fucking Pride is bigger then your dick. And you will never understand how much I fucking tried to restrain myself. How much I fucking tried to fix what was wrong with me because you made me believe I was the problem. So fuck you and fuck everyone else who thinks I am the problem. It's not my fault you are a weak fucking dog!" I snapped before I hung up and chucked the phone at the ground before I hugged myself sobbing. "You stupid idiot." I sobbed. 
"You ok?" I jumped to my feet wiping my eyes looking at Blake. 
"I'm fine." I said turning away from him 
"You are crying." Blake pointing out "and were arguing with someone." He added 
"It doesn't matter." I said walking past him leaving the tower 
"Gem." Blake said grabbing my arm as he caught up to me in the tower. 
"I'm sorry I broke your phone but I'm not talking about hot so just leave it alone." I said pulling my arm away from his and leaving his room. I ran back to my room and changed into some other clothes before leaving the tower. I ran outside and got to the training ground stopping to catch my breath with hands on my knees. Tears still fell from my eyes but I couldn't help it. I was so upset and I was losing control over the wolf that lived in the corner of my face and I ran off into the woods.

I don't remember much of what happened after running into the woods. It was fragments. But when I was back in control of my own mind I was in my uniform sitting in monsterology with Professor Floral lecturing us about proper uniform attire because I was wearing my hoodie over my blazer. Burning up from the multiple layers of clothing and this insane ringing in my ears. 
"Gemini! You maybe my favourite student but you will adhere to the dress code." Professor Floral said harshly. 
"Gem come on. Just do as she asks." Crystal pleaded with me and she sounded desperate. 
"Gemini-" Professor Floral was cut off by Blake and Ian walking into the room with the headmaster. "Headmaster what do we owe this pleasure?" She asked annoyed with him. 
"I apologise for the interruption but all students are required to report to the dining hall immediately." The headmaster said concern in his voice. "Blake and Ian will escort all students to the dining hall while Dylan and Bryan check off each student in attendance." Headmaster added. Everyone got to their feet and so did I. I could feel the fur tickle my nose and I knew I had no hope in gaining control back any time soon. Walking - actually it felt like we were being marched though the hallways to the dining hall. Everyone spoke their names as they walked in. But I didn't have to. Everyone knew who I was. I took my seat where my name was on the table and kept my face down. Curse me for being so damn sneaky and my wolf picking up on this cleverness. But I was really impressed with her. And she knew it so she smirked. I do wish she didn't wear both the blazer and the hoodie. It's not winter so we are going to be cooked alive. 
"All students are in attendance sir." I heard Bryan tell the headmaster. 
"Can I have your attention students.?" the headmaster said his voice reaching to all corners of the room "last night there was an attack very close to the school. We do not know yet if this was creature against creature attack.," the headmaster said. 
"What happened?" Someone from blue called out. 
"We are still investigating. But the creature we found dead this morning was a krampus." Everyone gasped from horror. Krampus evil Santa. Whatever you want to call him. He isn't classed as a creature because he can think like any person can and kills because he wants to. "Please everyone calm down. Krampus sightings are rare. Which is why we are investigating why there was one here and who or what killed it." The headmaster said 
"Do you think someone here did it?" Jewels called out 
"I know of one person who is strong enough to take on a krampus single handily." The headmaster said softly. 
"Oh Dante did you save us?" A girl asked throwing herself at Dante kissing his cheek. He just flashed her a smirk wrapping his arms around her. 
"I hate to burst your bubble ladies. But Dante is second best and wouldn't stand a chance against a krampus." The headmaster said. Everyone went quiet. 
"Blake?" Crystal asked 
"This person knows who they are. And if they did do this we ask they come forward in private to explain the situation. If it wasn't this person then we will ask Gemini for her creature knowledge to work out what killed the krampus." The headmaster said calmly still. 
"You are favouring her." A guy yelled standing up. "Private training. Giving her a Cerberus as a pet! Allowing her to get away with braking school rules! Why does she get all this attention?" The guy yelled. He was sitting across from me the headmaster sighed softly. 
"As of tomorrow Gemini you will follow all school rules like everyone else." The headmaster said 
"Yes headmaster." I said my voice not even sounding like me and it sounded slightly evil because of the smirk that was across my lips. 
"If you break any more school rules you will be dismissed from the school." He added 
"Yes headmaster." I said again but it wasn't me talking. 
"Now back to the matter at hand. Due to the nature of the krampus. The full moon party will be postponed until further notice." The headmaster said and the enter room filled with people yelling that wasn't fair. "Silence!" His voice yelled and everyone fell quiet instantly. 
"Headmaster." Blake said calmly. "Rather then cancelling the party how about a curfew. We know a krampus hunts in the early mornings after midnight. So if all students are accounted for in the dormitories we can put lockdown in affect for student safety." Blake suggested. 
"Very well. I'll dismiss today's classes but curfew is in effect." The headmaster said before bashing his walking stick against the ground to dismiss us and everyone got to their feet. I moved with the crowd before I slipped off into a small corridor that was a short cut though the school. I stopped as I approached the creature room and just sunk to the ground next to the door. I hugged myself before my wolf melted away. And when she did I started sobbing. I got to my feet tears still in my eyes as I headed into the creature room. I went up to the kelpie and he had this purple seaweed in his mouth. Sailors weed. I pinched my nose before I began to eat the seaweed. It was so disgusting. But I chocked down as much as I could before stripping down to my underwear and my blouse jumping into the water. I took a breath underwater and the kelpie began to swim with me on his back holding onto his mane. Nothing fast or thrilling. Just a relaxing ride in the cold water to cool down and forget everything outside. The kelpie took a dive down to the bottom where it was cold and dark. I couldn't see anything and it became concerning. But something shiny caught my eye. As we moved closer I loosened my grip on the kelpie. The glowing light was a hippocampus. Very similar to a kelpie. Half horse half something else. A hippocampus is half horse half fish. His body is completely covered in scales and its mane was a fin. Unlike the kelpie where most of its body was covered in kelp. The kelpie came to a stop and I swam off him and over to the hippocampus who light from its body was enough for me to see. The hippocampus was really injured. The claw marks down her body suggested something attacked her and very recently. My head started hurting and I gasped holding it as images of last night ran though my mind. I had crossed the krampus. I saw him dragging the hippocampus though the woods in pain. And I killed him and brought the hippocampus back here. Fuck my life I thought before wrapping some seaweed around her from the kelpie so he could pull her back up to the surface where I could mend her injuries. With her being heavy enough to drag though the water I decided to swim up myself. I broke the water surface and four pairs of feet greater me. I looked up the headmaster Professor Floral Blake and Ian. Great. Yay me. 
"Did you have something to do with the krampus?" The headmaster asked me 
"Yes." I said simply before I heard the kelpie brake the water surface. I turned around he was swimming towards me I couldn't see the hippocampus tho. 
"Why?" Professor Floral asked, "You don't hurt creatures." She said. I ducked my head underwater seeing the hippocampus sinking again 
"Just hold that thought." I said and whistled the kelpie came to me and we dove down to the hippocampus. They are extremely rare because their skin fetched a high price. So I am very worried about her survival rate right now especially since she can't swim. She is extremely weak and will need air soon. I inspected her again growing frustrated because well I didn't know what to do. Life raft. I thought before I surfaced against with the kelpies help to make it faster "I need a life raft and a medical kit." I said simply 
"What?" Professor Floral asked confused 
"I'll answer your question in a minute but this is urgent." I said simply becoming nauseous now. The sailors weed is wearing off. I have one trip left in me. I was handed what I asked for and the kelpie dove me down fast. I put the boxed life raft underneath the hippocampus and pulled the string. In second it inflated and carried her up to the surface I grabbed a hold of the kelpie and swamp up with him. Once at the surface I pulled myself into the life raft and began to inspect the hippocampus injuries begged. I opened the medical box and my eyes scanned it all quickly before I grabbed the stable gun. I pinched the skin together and began to stable the slashes. She let out cried of pain and it hurt me to hear them. After the slashes were closed I rubbed a healing gel over the cuts before I stroked her neck allowing her to rest in the raft. The kelpie grabbed a lose rope and began to pull us towards the edge of the water pool. 
"We don't have a hippocampus." Professor Floral said bluntly I looked at her 
"Sometimes one creatures life is more valuable then another's," I said softly looking back at the hippocampus "the krampus had her. She was living in a lake nearby." I whispered stroking her neck. 
"So you ripped apart a krampus limb from limb like he was a piece of paper to save a hippocampus." The headmaster said 
"Ok I wasn't in control of the situation. I don't even know how I got to the creature room this morning." I said softly 
"And I though you had impeccable control." The headmaster said crossing his arms. 
"Everyone has their moments." I mumbled. 
"You can't afford to have a moment." The headmaster said bluntly. 
"No one was hurt so don't get your panties in a twist." I said bluntly. "I'm not that stupid. If I'm going to kill an actual person I'll do it consciously." I added looking at the hippocampus. She was really weak and not even fighting for her life anymore. I ran my hand down her neck and her eyes shifted to me. 
"She has given up." Professor Floral said softly. 
"She is still breathing so I won't." I said softly still stroking her neck. "Did you know there are only six hippocampus left that we know of? Five of them are males and she is the only female. She needs to be protected or the entire race will die." I said softly. 
"Why are you so keen on saving them?" Blake asked me. 
"They say when a hippocampus dies Zuse himself makes it ran for seven days to morn the passing of a noble creature that were created by his son Poseidon." I said softly watching her glow fading. "Back before Atlantis crumbled beneath the sea. Hippocampus was the protectors of the land. Horses made of pearls they use to call them. Their skin was as hard as Diamond. The earthquake that took Atlantis beneath the sea took the horses as well. Poseidon saw the beautiful creatures and gave them the ability to live beneath the waves. But some of the hippocampus didn't understand the humans were dangerous. Sailors would hall them onto there ships and skin them alive because the saltwater took away their Diamond tough skin." I said softly 
"Nice story. But that doesn't explain why you want to save her so badly." Blake said 
"She's endangered. If she dies the entire race dies." I said glaring at him. "Isn't that reason enough." I said bluntly 
"Not really." Blake said I just turned back to the hippocampus 
"When they die they turn to solid gold and sink to the bottom of the ocean. If removed from the water they turn to dust." I said softly. 
"You still haven't given a reason to why you would do what you did." Blake said. 
"You want a reason Blake?" I snapped, "Because I don't have one. I didn't know the krampus was in the woods. I didn't know about the hippocampus. I went for a run to clear my head and I woke up sitting next to the creature room. I didn't know she was here until the kelpie took me to her. So I can't give you a reason. I don't have one." I said bluntly. I looked back at the hippocampus. I laid my head against her neck and let out a gentle breath. Air air flowed up her skin and it changed colour at the same time. She shifted slightly from it looking at me. I sat up again and let out another gentle breath. She sat her head up and huffed at me. I closed my eyes as I was sprayed with water and spit. I wiped the spit from my face as Professor Floral giggled. I flicked the spit back at the hippocampus and she huffed at me. 
"I think she wants you to leave her alone," Blake said 
"You clearly don't know animals." I said before blowing air at her again. Her skin changed colour and she spat at me again. She was aiming for my eyes too. She slipped herself back into the water 
"Gemini!" The headmaster yelled when I dove in after her swimming down. I looked at the hippocampus as she looked at me. She circled me for a moment before coming over to me. She nudged me with her nose and I put my hands on her face before I kissed her nose. A glow came from her side and I moved down to her side seeing she was healed. I picked out the staples with my finger before rubbing her side with my hand. I swam down her back inspecting her tail she had some scares from harpoons. I looked at her back tail fin. It was shredded from ropes. I got to the end of her tail and examined her tail. She had had it rough. I thought before my lungs began to burn for fresh air. I quickly surface let out the breath I was holding. 
"You are being reckless." The headmaster said bluntly. 
"She is harmless." I said bluntly before taking a deep breath and diving under the water back down to the hippocampus. I moved down her body again. I needed to make sure she is healthy enough to breed and doesn't have any visible problems. I ran my hands down her front legs. I moved underneath her and began to examine her stomach and the underneath side of her. I couldn't find anything visibly wrong with her. The hippocampus swam away from me and I surfaced again. I was going to throw up the sailors weed soon. I swam towards the edge and pulled myself up to sit on the edge. 
"What the hell is going on?" The headmaster asked me 
"What do you mean?" I asked him as the kelpie came up to me and out his head in my lap 
"You kill a krampus. Rescue a hippocampus. And then say you don't remember. Especially when you have impeccable control over your emotional state. You don't just lose control. So what happened for you to lose control?" The headmaster asked 
"Nothing ok. I had a moment of weakness. Everyone does. I'm sure you do as well. So I decided that I should go into the woods just to be safe." I said simply. The headmaster looked at me. Before he turned to Blake. 
"She is your responsibility. Don't let her lose control." The headmaster said 
"Control of what?" Blake asked 
"Pray you don't have to find out" the headmaster said and walked away. Professor Floral looked at me and sighed before walking away. I just sat there patting the kelpie's head with both Blake and Ian looking at me.  
"Who did you call last night?" Blake asked me he sounded angry with me. I don't blame him.  I cause a lot of problem for him this morning and last night. 
"You didn't want to ask me that in front it the headmaster. Why?" I asked him before the kelpie swam away. 
"Because the headmaster doesn't allow communication to the outside world except via letters." Ian said simply. "The internet and phone aren't to be mentioned to any of the teachers or the headmaster." Ian added. I just nodded slightly. 
"So you can talk to us about what happened. Or I'll have to take away your Internet access." Blake said simply.
"Can one of you pass me a towel?" I asked 
"Tell us what happened." Ian said 
"Dude I'm literally sitting here in my underwear a soaking wet white top. So hand me a towel now before I jump back into the water and swim away." I said looking at them. They were both looking at me now. Ian handed me a towel now and I used it to dry my hair a bit before I wrapped the towel around myself 
"Well what happened?" Blake asked 
"I'm still not telling you." I said getting to my feet using the towel to cover myself up. "Now I have some research to do." I said and walked away. I pulled on the cloths I had there before I took the wet shirt off keeping my back to Blake and Ian.  
"Gemini this is serious. You killed a krampus. That's not something that is so easily ignored." Blake said coming up from behind me. 
"Shit." Ian whispered. "What are they from?" Ian asked 
"What?" I asked ringing out my shirt 
"The scares on your back." Blake said. 
"What scares?" I asked 
"Hold on." Ian said. Before he touched my shoulder with a phone. I took it looking at the picture. I had three scares down my back going from my right shoulder down to my waist. 
"Catch." I said throwback his phone. 
"What are they from?" Ian asked. 
"Once I work out what caused them I'll tell you." I said simply pulling my shirt on. 
"Have you seriously been in that many fights you have to think about it?" Blake asked 
"Considering I didn't know they were there until you mention it. I need to work out if they are from the krampus. Or a previous event." I said simply 
"You hands haven't healed from the rope burn." Ian pointed out. I turned around and looked at him as I did up the last button to my blouse. 
"Different injuries heal differently." I said simply. He just rolled his eyes at me. "Anyway. I have things to do. And crystal is forcing me to go to this damn party. So bye." I said and picked up my shoes off the ground along with my stockings before grabbing my blazer and tie 
"Key." Blake said before I walked away. I looked at him. Wow. I didn't think he would be serious. I thought before taking my necklace off and then removing his key from my necklace. I handed him the key before pulling my necklace back on. "You don't have a problem with it?" Blake asked confused. 
"Why would I?" I asked him he had a blank expression. "I don't need to hide out in your room to avoid Dante or the girls anymore I can come here and hide out. And if I really want to be alone I can go swim with the kelpie and hippocampus." I said 
"You can't stay under forever tho." Ian said simply I just shrugged and walked away.