Chapter 17

I ventured into the building with Sadie by my side. Trev had disappeared with a mysterious promise to create a distraction which would give us a chance to find Oscar.

I wasn't too sure why he was being so skeptical about what exactly his plan was. But I was out of ideas and desperate to find the honey colored eyes I had grown to love so much.

"This is the epitome of sketchy, Finley." Sadie warned as we walked down the empty hallway, towards where I hoped the second floor would be, along with Oscar.

We heard light chatter coming from around the corner and Sadie's panicked eyes met mine as I scanned the hallway, pulling her into the first empty room I could find. The voices passed us as I took in the room. From outside, the building looked completely abandoned but the inside was taken care of. The rooms were clean and organized. The hallways were also clean, although creepy in the dark of the night.

I noticed something that caught my eye, looking at the character profiles left on the table. I picked up the one that had a picture of my face and read it. It went from  what middle school I had attended to my last doctors report.

"What the bloody hell. They've one on me too." Sadie said and sure enough, she held up a similar report. I started going through the reports. There was one for Oscar and Trev too. I grimaced, putting them back down.

"We need to keep moving. We don't have time for this."

She nodded, agreeing with me as we waited until the coast was clear to slip back out into the hallway. We found the stairs to the second floor and quickly climbed up.

As we rounded a corner, we met with a guard. He's eyes went wide as he spotted us and he fumbled to get out his gun that was strapped to his side. I moved back In shock, but Sadie moves forward, her fist meeting the mans nose and he fell back in shock. I took the confusion to grab his gun and then the game changed as the barrel was directed at him.

"Woah girls. I'm sure this is just some type of misunderstanding." He tried to joke and I noticed the keys that hung around his hips. I grinned, moving to grab them.

"Here," I tossed the keys to Sadie.

"Check if these work on any of the rooms."

Much to our luck, the first door to my left swung open.

"Finley..." Sadie trailed off and I whirled around to see Oscar sitting on the table, his eyes widening in surprise. I felt shock run through my body and I made the mistake of letting down my guard. The man in front of me noticed and moved to grab the gun, he would of succeeded had it not been for Oscar who sprung out of the room and tackled him before he had the chance to grab the gun.

I grinned. "Find something to cover his mouth."

The man reluctantly went into the room, gagged so that he couldn't speak and we hastily locked the door behind him.

Oscar's eyes flickered over to mine, burning with anger.

"You idiot. Why did you come?"

I shrugged. "You know exactly why I came."

His arms wrapped around me and for a second I felt warm and safe even in an abandoned warehouse of an evil organization.

"You bloody idiot." He said softly , pressing his lips to my forehead.

"As cute as this is. We need to go." Sadie hissed and I nodded, just as my phone began to ring. I pulled it out, my eyebrows creasing in confusion as I saw Trev's name.

"Are you on the third floor?" He panted, as if he were out of breath.

"No, we're heading back down to the first floor now. Why?"