Chapter 15

The next week passed by solemnly. I didn't have much contact with Trev or Oscar leading up to the day in question. The 22nd of June fell on a Friday, which at the moment was only two days away. Things were still tense after what happened with Sadie. She seemed more settled now, but she hadn't gone home in a few days. I didn't mind, she was trying to avoid her dad.

I tensed up, hearing a knock at my door. Sadie gave me a confused look at my shaken expression and walked over to the door, to peek through the hole. Her body froze and she turned to me slowly, a panic stricken expression on her face. The knocking came again, as she tiptoed towards me, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the hallway.

"Grab your things we need to leave, now." She said and I paled at that, as she peered back at the door. They rang the bell.

"You said it was always a man and woman who came to speak to you? This time it's two very large, angry looking guys. Something tells me they're not here to talk about things."

A fleeting fear passed through my body as I threw some clothes and money in a bag, grabbing my phone and charger as Sadie pushed open the window to my room, which would take us to the back of the house.

CURRENT hadn't contacted me in almost a week and a half. Something told me that they always knew that I had no intention to go against him.

I had one leg out the window when I heard my front door being kicked down. Sadie cursed and I hurried out the window, as Sadie threw my bag out after before climbing through just as two guys entered the room.

True to Sadie's description, they weren't here to talk. They were enormous, I looked up at their piercing eyes, they were almost black as they narrowed to slits when they saw us. My heart began to beat erratically as they began to storm towards us, their heavy footsteps making my floorboards creak.

"Any chance you guys want to sit down over tea?" I squeaked as Sadie grabbed my hand, dragging me around to the front of the house to where my car was. Thankfully I had grabbed my car keys. Just as we got out to the front, one of them came bounding out and made a move to grab at me.

I felt adrenaline rush through my body and I swung back, his hands narrowly missing me. I thrust the keys towards Sadie and she got the memo, rushing towards my car to start it.

I looked up at the six foot man who stood above me, a condescending look on his face as he took in my stance.

"What you gonna do? Tickle me?"

"Not exactly." I grimaced, thanking god that my grandmother had made such a fuss to get sprinkles installed in her garden. I knew there was a little button I had to step on around here to trigger them. It was simply a stepping game as he reached to grab me again and I stood into my grandma's peony roses, my foot finding what it was looking for and the sprinkles went off.

He looked around in shock as the water hit him. I took his panic as an opportunity to run towards Sadie who had already started to car and backed out onto the street.

By the time he noticed, I was already in the car. He bounded towards us just as Sadie floored the accelerator, leaving him in our dust.

"Oh my god." She said, her eyes never leaving the road.

"Did CURRENT try to kill you just now?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I've a wild hunch that they're trying to capture us, knowing that we're trying to get through that time loop at the end of the week."

She nodded silently, seemingly deep in thought.

"Finley, have you considered what happens if all of this isn't real?"