Chapter 11

I could picture him rolling his eyes at that. I felt warm, and not from the crackling fire by my side. But then I recoiled back, I would not fall into the arms of a guy who liked someone else. And from what I saw earlier, he most definitely liked someone else. Her long blonde hair flashed in my mind.

I'm guessing I'm not his type.

"What's wrong?" He murmured lowly, I almost didn't hear.

I looked away. "What are you doing, it looks like you came with someone?" I stated coldly and he raised an eyebrow.

"Do you mean Molly? She's a friend of Trev's. I don't know her that well." He said, in a somewhat reassuring voice.

"Well," I muttered. "It didn't look that way, you seemed close."

He looked genuinely confused. "What makes you think that?"

"You laughed at her jokes."

He grinned. "Oh that? She asked me to leave with her and I then I laughed in her face."

Oh my god.

I looked at his expression and burst out laughing.

"You shouldn't look so happy about rejecting someone Oscar."

He gave me a pointed look. "You don't know how difficult it is to get her to leave me alone. She hangs onto me too much, I'm not a f*cking shelf."

That did it, I looked at him and started laughing. It seemed he had opened up to me a lot more than the first time I had met him. His stance was more at ease, but it wasn't hard to relax. The atmosphere was great, the air was warm and we were surrounded by firelight. I loved the way the glow of it caught the specks of color in his eyes.

I looked behind him in the distance, to see Molly, I believe it was? She was approaching us, a glare plastered to her face. The tight red dress she wore hung to her figure tightly. The possibility of her being a nice person went out the window when I saw the hostile glare fixed on me.

I felt nerves trying to creep in, she was coming here to start a confrontation. I was someone that usually tended to try and avoid drama, but it seemed like I was bang in the middle of it tonight.

"Oscar, why did you leave? I was speaking to you." She scowled, her eyes scanning me.

"Why are you with her?"

I started to take a disliking to her, as she tried to walk towards Oscar, who shied away, sighing in dejection.

Her condescending eyes looked me up and down, her overly lined lips frowning. I could tell she wanted to say something, but she stopped herself and instead said,

"What are you to him?"

I blinked.

And then I blinked again.

And then I answered.

"Oh, I'm madly in love with him."

She blinked

And then she blinked again.

"I cannot help but declare my undying love for Oscar Gerald Irwin Redding. My heart is just full of love and admiration. I don't think I could possibly part with him."

I heard him muttering in the background, probably about the 'Gerald Irwin' part. Molly gave me a look of shock and disgust, her mouth hanging open.

"What.. What is , are you two together or something? He never said he had a girlfriend."

I gave her a look of incredulity. "Our love knows no bounds and cannot be held by titles."

She looked at me as if I grown two heads. Before looking past me for clarification.