CHAPTER 43

"Bea, mauna na kami. Susunduin ka naman ni Jigs diba?" Maddie asked while fixing her things.

"Nope. Sabay nalang ako sainyo. Hindi ko rin kasi dala yung car ko." Bea said casually.

"Why? Where is he? May work ba?" Kat glanced at the latter.

"I don't know. We haven't talked since the day started eh. No updates from him." Bea avoided their curious stares.

The batchies looked at each other. And from that moment, they knew something was up.

"Okay. Dun tayo sa car ko. Ako na maghahatid sainyo." Therese offered.

They all went out of the gym, silence continued to engulf between them.

Maddie nudged Kat and Therese and pointed at Bea---who was with them physically, but her mind was somewhere else.

"We know what to do. We know where to go." Kat grinned.

Therese and Maddie nodded.

As soon as they were all inside the car, Therese started the engine and locked the car doors.

"Let's go to a coffee shop." Therese invited.

Bea just sighed.

Once someone invites them for coffee, the whole barkada will surely force Bea to share her problem to the group.

After all, coffee shops are really one of the best places to be for some serious talks.

The ride towards the coffee shop lasted about an hour or less. It was too fast for Bea, though, who was spacing out the whole time, and didn't noticed that they were already there.

"KKB dahil waley ako money. KKB dahil waley ako money." Maddie chanted as she danced her way inside.

The rest of the girls just looked down in embarassment when Maddie caught the attention of some customers inside the shop.

"Find a vacant table nalang Mads." Kat giggled. "And oh, take that zombie with you."

Bea furrowed her eyebrows when Kat pointed at her.

"I'm not a zombie!" Bea protested as she was pulled by Maddie to a seat.

"Umupo ka nalang diyan and appreciate the beautiful view." Maddie roamed her eyes around the trees outside the cafe.

The coffee shop was located in a place surrounded by trees, nature---which was very rare to find in a busy city.

It is really a best place for some heart-to-heart talks.

"There are seats pa sa labas" Therese said as she and Kat sat beside them.

"Yep. You know, fresh air" Kat said.

"It's okay. Dito na muna tayo." Maddie declined.

Silence.

The three exchanged glances at each other, debating on who will be the one to talk first. While Bea just sat there, still admiring the view outside.

"This place is really amazing. Babalik-balikan ko 'to." Bea said without taking her eyes off it.

The three were slightly surprised that Bea suddenly talked.

"Y-Yep! So beautiful." Therese agreed.

"Pero I think it's a lot more fun na next time, kasama mo na yung special someone mo dito, diba?" Maddie joked.

"Yeaaah. So romantic." Kat giggled.

"Syempre si Bacon yung sayo." Therese rolled her eyes playfully.