CHAPTER 37

"Manong do I look good na ba?" Thirdy asked and stood infront of Kiefer.

"Wow naka-polo. May date ka ba?" Kiefer teased.

"Ayos na ba kasi?" Thirdy pointed at his outfit.

"Parang dati ayaw mong pinakikialaman ang OOTD mo ah. Anong meron ngayon?"

Thirdy groaned.

"Ewan ko sayo, kay Dani nalang ako magtatanong."

"Hoy Thirds! You look good! Mukha kang daddy!" Kiefer laughed and immediately ran to his room to avoid all the flying objects Thirdy threw.

Then Thirdy just continued fixing his polo and applied wax to his hair.

And after a few minutes, Thirdy just sprayed his perfume and went outside of his room.

"Mom, alis lang ako."

Mozzy looked curiously at Thirdy.

"Iba ang pormahan natin diyan ah." She chuckled.

"Pati ba naman ikaw" Thirdy massaged his forehead.

Their attention was caught when Dani started sneezing continuously.

Her nose was red and she was teary-eyed, she was going to every corner of the living room just to find even a small roll of tissue available for her to blow.

"Ang OA ng perfume." Dani complained.

Thirdy chuckled.

"Anong meron? First communion?" Bong asked.

The whole Ravena family laughed and teased Thirdy. But it didn't affect his mood. He was looking forward to their 'date' later and he didn't even care about what they're saying.

Thirdy just fished out his phone and started texting the latter.

To: Bea

"Bei! Where are you na?"

He waited for seconds....minutes...and yet, there was no reply.

"Text me as soon as you're ready. I can pick you up!"

"Oh, bakit parang natalo ka sa lotto diyan sa itsura mo?" Kiefer asked while grabbing a few cups of ice cream for the whole family.

"Tagal naman mag-reply. Parang dati, ang bilis mag-type kapag tinetext ko." Thirdy murmured, which was still clearly heard by Dani, who was just sitting right next to him.

"That's why, hindi daw kasi nagrereply." Dani shook her head. "Di na ikaw priority bro."

Thirdy just rolled his eyes and roughly grabbed the ice cream on the table.

"Akala ko ba willing to wait ka? Eh simpleng text lang suko na ka?" Kiefer raised his eyebrow.

Thirdy looked as if he was convinced with what the oldest had said. And when he finally swallowed the last spoonful of ice cream whole, he quickly grabbed his car keys and left the house.

The Ravenas just throwed glances at each other while letting the other one go.

Meanwhile, Thirdy planned to fetch Bea even if she didn't say so. And when he finally reached the de Leon's residence, he took out his phone and called the latter.

He tried multiple times, and yet there was no answer.

"Good things come to those who wait" Thirdy repeatedly said to himself.

Like, scroll, retweet, tweet. That's the cycle that's been going on in Thirdy's phone for the past 5 minutes. No text, no call.

Yep, 5 minutes is not that long. But it is for a person who's waiting, who's hoping.