CHAPTER 33

"Kailan mo balak lumabas ng kwarto?" Kiefer placed his hands on his waist and looked at his younger brother.

Thirdy just stared at the ceiling while lying on his bed.

"Nako naman." Kiefer sat on the latter's bed, waiting for him to speak up.

"I don't know what to do anymore." Thirdy admitted.

"Bakit? Tell me what's on your mind."

Thirdy sat beside his brother and inhaled deeply.

"Guilt is killing me." His voice cracked.

"Thirds, as much as I want to be on your side, aamin ko, may mali ka talaga. Pero let's not forget that strong emotions can influence your words and the way you act. Kaya still, it's reasonable naman na because of the pain you felt, nasabi mo lahat ng yun." Kiefer said.

"I know it too. Pero, it doesn't change the fact na nasaktan ko siya, Manong. Hindi dapat ako nagpa-apekto sa nararamdaman ko. D-dapat nakinig ako. Dapat kumalma ako. Dapat hindi ko sinabi yun. Dapat hi---"

"Shhhh." Kiefer calmed his brother who was on the verge of breaking down.

"I regret everything. Minahal ko siya nang sobra sobra, alam kong ganun rin siya. Pero anong ginawa ko?" Tears were falling from Thirdy's eyes when he said those words.

"A-ayoko na. Sobrang hirap. I can't even sleep at night knowing that she also experienced the same way I feel right now when I said those words to her. Knowing that she doesn't even deserve that! I should be the one suffering! I should be the one in pain! Kulang pa 'to eh!" Thirdy repeatedly hit his chest with his fist.

Kiefer held Thirdy's fist to stop him from hurting himself.

"Pinili kong magbingi-bingihan at magbulag-bulagan sa katotohanan. Sobrang tanga ko. She doesn't deserve me! No one. No one deserves me!"

"Shhh. Stop." Kiefer hugged his brother while the other just poured his heart out.

"No one and nothing is perfect, Thirdy. So it means, no relationship is perfect. It involves a lot of forgiveness. It will only test how you and Bea will still stay strong together through ups and downs." Kiefer calmly said.

"Trust me, Thirdy. I know."

It made Thirdy calm down too.

"So, Travs. Are you willing to go through ups and downs?" Kiefer broke the hug.

"As long as it is for her and I'm with her." Thirdy smiled for the first time.

"Yan gusto ko sayo." Kiefer patted the latter's back.

Thirdy wiped the tears on his face.

"What now?" Kiefer asked.

"But...I'm threatened by Jigs. He makes her happy. I'm afraid that Bea will only push me away no matter how hard I try because....she doesn't need me anymore. She already have Jigs." Thirdy looked down.

"Wag ka mag-isip nang ganyan. Mag-jowa na ba sila?" Kiefer raised his eyebrow.

"Probably." He shrugged.

"Ayan tayo eh." Kiefer punched his brother jokingly. "Jumping into conclusions without knowing the real thing behind. Napapahamak ka diyan bro."

"Fine fine. I'm sorry."

"Well, you should say that also to Bea." Kiefer smirked.

"Oh no no no. She might punch me or something." Thirdy shook his head.

"Hina mo naman. Kala mo hindi ka nabugbog ng mga kalaban mo sa court no?"

Thirdy smiled, but in a split second, it faded.