Cat's Out of the Bag

Mulai dari awal

"I don't..."

"Don't feel comfortable talking about it. I know how you feel."

"But there's nothing to talk about. I shut Matt out because I couldn't handle the idea of drinking his blood. I even bit him."

"You bit Matt!" I lower my voice realizing how loud I got.

"Okay, it's not a big deal. Stefan stopped me before I could do any real damage, and I did the mind thing so he would forget."
"Caroline, why didn't you tell us this?" Elena asks concerned.

"We had other things to worry about and I didn't want you guys to hate me for hurting someone you both loved."

"Okay, enough about our shared ex, let's get back to work." I order and I start painting again. I notice they're not painting and I see Elena and Stefan staring at each other.

"Uh-oh. Longing looks are being exchanged." Caroline taunts.

"I'm gonna go talk to him."

"Elena that's...not a good idea." I play along.

"Sofia's right." She ignores us and marches over to Stefan.

"What's her problem?" I jump as Damon appears next to me.

"God announce yourself before giving me a heart attack."

"I like making an entrance." He smirks at me and I just roll my eyes at him.

"Why are you being such a bitch to your mom?" Damon asks Caroline.

"Don't worry about it." She heads back to the paint but puts her hair behind her ear. I notice that she's listening to Elena and Stefan's conversation. She's not subtle about doing it either. Being the only human I can't hear shit and it's annoying. No one is talking and they are both acting like they're not eavesdropping.

"Seriously! Can someone clue me in on what you two girls are eavesdropping on?"

"Relationship is about communication." Caroline has had enough of Damon and storms off.

"Wipe that smug look off your face Damon." I order playing along with what Elena and Stefan want. Everyone believing that they're fighting.

"Don't be mad. I mean if we communicated more we could be having fun in the late hours of the day going into morning."

"You're disgusting."

"Come on I know you want me." He steps closer to me and I back up trying to get some space.

"I said I forgave you, that doesn't mean I want you."

"Keep telling yourself that. I know you check out my ass when I walk away." My mouth gapes open at his accusation.

"I do no such thing. I have never looked at your ass."

"Fine, but you think about me."

"In your dreams Damon."

"Trust me, you're all I dream about." He's closer to me than ever and all I can think about is our moment on the porch. Damn, why does his cologne have to smell so good?

"Personal space Damon." I order him away but he still has a smug look on his face. He begins to walk away but stops.

"And just so you know you might say you don't check me out. I know it's a lie but no worries."

"Go away, Damon."

"All I'm saying is that I definitely check your ass when you walk away from me." He smirks at me as my cheek redden. He knows how to get under my skin and it bothers me that I let him. I dated Tyler for two years and he was never subtle about checking me out or making sexual remarks. Why does it bother or make me embarrass when Damon does it?