Unlinking

Enjoy this update.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Since waking up after passing out from my injuries I've decided to stay with Caroline for the time being. Bonnie is helping Abby with her transition into becoming a vampire. Elena calls every day but I have nothing to say to her. She was so worried about herself she didn't even notice I wasn't safe or even home for that matter. Caroline had to tell her about what happened to me. My own sister didn't even care and that hurts. What confuses me more is what Caroline told me about Klaus and how he risked his own life to save me. He healed me and brought me to her house so I can rest. Everything was so out of character for him and it makes me wonder what will happen next.

"About me almost dying or Klaus saving me or my sister having no care in the world?"

"All of it. Definitely all of it."

"I don't know what to think. I do know I felt like I was going to die and no one would know about or care. Bonnie was unable to help since Esther was channeling her entire bloodline for support. She was outmatched and...Stefan and Damon were focused on Elena that they sacrificed Bonnie's mom."
"Have you returned your sisters call?"

"No, because I have nothing to say to her."

"You can vent to me."

"I don't agree with everyone and everything revolving around my sister. She is not the only one who deserves happiness."

"Have you ever shared this with her?"
"It goes right over her head."

"I wish I knew you were in danger and I would..."

"There's nothing anyone could do. Esther needed my blood to make the spell stronger but severing her line to the Bennet family took away her powers."

"What is going on between you and Klaus?"

"I have no idea. He's been uncharacteristically different to me and I have no reason why. We were still trying to kill him and somehow he took this as I'm flirting or..."

"Everyone saw the way he kept his eyes on you at the ball. He never stopped smiling when you were in the room."

"He told me why he fancied me but none of it makes sense. Strength and love for life is something I don't see in myself."

"Maybe it's good someone else sees it."

"What..."

"I wasn't the biggest fan when you were with Damon, but you have this ability to make people be the better versions of themselves."

"What do you mean?"

"I know I'm a neurotic control freak and have little patience for subpar work but when we hang out you always make me feel calm when normally I feel on edge. You make Bonnie feel like she has nothing to fear and allowed to say whatever she feels like. And Elena..."

"Elena?"

"You make your sister less selfish. She is the Elena everyone wants to be around and you make the world better Sofia."

"Caroline that's the nicest thing you've ever said."

"You don't see the impact you have on peoples lives because you're too focused on being too hard on yourself."

"I can't help it. Everything around me feels like it's going out of control and I have no way to make it stop."

"Maybe just be free."

"What do you think about Klaus?"

"Like you and Klaus or Klaus in general?"

"All of the above."