Chapter 28 - The inexperienced daddy

Asher's POV

I was so excited. I was pacing back and forth in my living room. Today Romeo and I were going to spend some time alone together the first time.

The elevator door opened, and Eleanor walked in, holding Romeo in her arms. She looked stunning in her white dress.

"Hi." She gave me a radiant smile and kissed my lips.

"Hey. You are so beautiful." I stated, giving her a bright smile, and stroked Romeo's hair gently.

"Welcome home, my treasure. Daddy missed you." I told Romeo and took him in my arms.

I placed a soft kiss on his forehead and walked towards the living room.

"His stuff is in the bag. He should have a nap in an hour. When he doesn't get his sleep, he gets grumpy." She informed and placed the diaper bag on the couch.

I nodded without taking my eyes off my son; he was babbling while playing with his car.

"Don't be naughty, my sweetheart." She told Romeo and kissed his cheek.

"I will not." I teased her, giving her an arrogant smirk. She chuckled, shaking her head, amused.

"My big boy." She winked at me, grinning.

I gave her an amused smile and pulled her closer to me by wrapping my arm around her waist, making her sit down beside me on the couch. I kissed her passionately.

"We are alone." I said to my son as Eleanor had left. She had a meeting. So I was looking after Romeo today.

****

I was rocking Romeo, trying to soothe him, but he was crying louder and louder.

"My boy, why are you crying?" I asked while pacing back and forth in the living room, holding Romeo in my arms.

His diaper was clean, and he wasn't hungry. I gave him pureed fruit twenty minutes earlier as Eleanor told. But he didn't stop crying.

As he didn't stop crying despite everything I had done to soothe him, I called Eleanor, desperate.

"Yes?"

"Ellie, I can not soothe him. I did everything you told me, but he is still crying. I don't know what to do." I pleaded anxiously, looking at my crying son.

"Ok. Firstly, calm down." She said softly.

I breathed in deeply, trying to calm down.

"He probably wants his giraffe." She informed.

"Giraffe?" I asked, looking around. I saw it between his rompers on the couch. "Oh. I find it." I said happily and walked towards it, holding Romeo in my arms.

I picked the stuffed giraffe and gave it to Romeo. He took it and stopped crying instantly as he started playing with the toy.

Thank God.

I sighed, relieved. I felt guilty that I couldn't comfort him. His desperate cry made my heart sink.

"Thank you. He stopped crying." I informed Eleanor.

"Good. I am coming in an hour. I love you." She said silkily.

"Love you too." I admitted, smiling and hung up.

I sat down on the couch, feeling tired. It had been two hours since Eleanor left, but this little man managed to get me tired. But it was worth it. He was my treasure.

I smiled and stroked his hair gently. He was babbling while playing with his toy, sitting on my lap.

"Dadada." He babbled and extended his giraffe towards me.

I smiled and took it. I made funny faces while shaking his giraffe in the air, talking with a funny voice. He was watching me attentively while grinning.

Eleanor's POV

"Ash...." I didn't finish my sentence as I saw them sleeping on the couch. Romeo was sleeping on his chest while his arms wrapped around Romeo protectively. They looked so cute. I couldn't hold myself and smiled happily.

When I looked around, everywhere was messy. Romeo's toys and clothes were scattered all around the living room. I shook my head, amused.

I looked at Asher. The well-known playboy who was sleeping in front of me, looking totally exhausted.

Who could think to see Mr. Hotshot playboy in this state? Exhausted by looking after a child. Our son.

I never thought that one day I could see Romeo and Asher together. I always imagined Romeo with his father, laughing, playing. But now my wish came true. Asher knew about our son, and he was happy with it. There was some fear in my heart that if he found out about Romeo, he would get frustrated and didn't want him again. But I was wrong. He was really happy. And he was so caring, affectionate towards Romeo. It made me happy to see him like this.

I approached them and kissed Romeo's head. Then I bent down beside them and stroked Asher's hair gently, smiling happily. He opened his eyes, yawning.

"Hey, you are here." He said in a sleepy voice and gave me a wide smile.

"Yeah." I smiled at him.

I stroked Romeo's hair, looking at my sleeping boy affectionately.

"I will take him." I whispered and straightened.

"No, let him sleep. He had difficulty falling asleep." He protested in a low voice. I nodded, smiling.

"Did he tire you so much?" I asked softly.

"Hmm." He thought for a minute and replied. "Let's say I am inexperienced." He gave me a boyish smile. "But I will do my best to be a good father to my treasure." He confessed softly and stroked Romeo's hair gently. I smiled happily and stroked his cheek gently.

"Don't worry. I will help you with this little boy." I said softly.

He nodded, giving me a warm smile and held my hand. He brought it to his lips and placed a soft kiss on my palm.

I was in the bathroom. I was washing my hand when Asher called me.

"Ellie! Why is he crying?" He asked, worried as soon as he saw me.

Romeo was crying while gripping Asher's shirt. He put his thumb in his mouth and started sucking it. He must be hungry.

"He is hungry." I informed and took Romeo in my arms. I placed a soft kiss on his hair, stroking his back smoothly.

"Oh. What will he eat?" He asked, puzzled. "There are different vegetables, fruits and so on in the fridge. If he eats something else, I can go and buy." He suggested, stroking Romeo's hair gently.

I gave him a warm smile. "No need. I still breastfeed him." I informed.

"Oh." He nodded.

I sat down on the couch and opened four top buttons of my dress.

Romeo placed his hand on my breast while I was breastfeeding him. He was so hungry. I smiled, looking at him.

Asher approached us and sat down on the centre table in front of us. He stroked Romeo's hair while watching him affectionately.