Chapter 11 - Poison love

Eleanor's POV

"Oh." Jane mumbled.

"I know he doesn't love me. But..." I sighed, depressed and stood up. I paced back and forth, ruffling my hair. "But I couldn't stop myself from falling in love with him." I said.

Jane gave me a compassionate smile and stood up.

"Ellie... when you told me about this....agreement." She paused, shaking her head in disapproval. "I got scared that you would fall in love with him. And I was right." She confessed. She took a deep breath and asked. "What are you planning to do now?"

I wrapped my arms around myself, biting my lower lip nervously.

"I don't know. But... I can not continue this. I want more. But he..." I shook my head, depressed.

Jane hugged me. I hugged her back as my eyes welled up.

****

I breathed deeply as I stood in front of Asher's penthouse building. I decided to confess my feelings. I felt so nervous; my hands were cold. My heart was beating like crazy.

"Hey." He gave me his charming smile and kissed my lips, wrapping his arms around me.

"Hi." I muttered and hugged him tightly, breathing in his masculine scent. Deep inside my heart, I knew it was our last day together.

"I missed you." He said and cupped my cheek, looking into my eyes affectionately. I smiled, leaning my head against his hand.

He brushed his lips against mine and pulled me into his chest. As he was deepening our kiss, I pulled back.

"We need to talk." I stated, biting my lower lip nervously.

"Can it wait? I want you." He said seductively and brushed his lips against mine without waiting for my answer. But even if he waited for my answer, with his irresistible eyes, my answer would be yes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his kiss. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me to his bedroom.

I sat up on the bed as I couldn't fall asleep. I grabbed Asher's shirt and put it on. I leaned against the headboard. I pulled my legs towards my chest, thinking. I felt depressed.

I looked at Asher

I looked at Asher. He was sleeping, his head buried into his pillow. I ran my fingers through his hair.

I stood up and went to the terrace. I needed to get some fresh air. As much as I was thinking about us, I felt like I couldn't breathe.

I closed my eyes, breathing deeply.

I wrapped my arms around myself as I felt cold. So I went back.

I looked at Asher; he was still sleeping. I picked up my clothes quickly and put them on. I grabbed my bag and left.

As I got in my car, tears ran down my cheeks. I leaned against the steering wheel, crying.

My father and I had a dinner meeting at the restaurant. But I couldn't concentrate, I was thinking about Asher. We hadn't talked since I left him sleeping. He called me, but I didn't pick up his calls. It felt like if I picked up his call, everything would disappear. I tried to extend this time as much as possible. I didn't have courage to stop our agreement. I didn't want to lose him. I loved him like crazy.

My eyes widened in surprise as I saw Asher and his friend, Felix walking in. As our eyes met, Asher plunged his piercing eyes into mine. He looked tense. I averted my gaze, biting my lower lip nervously.

I didn't look at Asher, but I felt his gaze on me.

Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I grabbed my phone and looked at it. I tensed up as I saw a message from Asher.

'Follow me. We need to talk. If you don't come willingly, I will come and drag you with me ignoring your father's presence.'

I looked at him nervously. He gestured to me to follow him. I breathed deeply and stood up. I knew if I didn't go to talk to him, he would do it.

He opened one of the private rooms' doors and let me in. I bit my lower lip nervously and walked in. He walked in and closed the door behind me.

"What the hell with you?" He snapped at me, plunging his piercing eyes into mine.

I jolted in my place. He looked furious.

"I..." I mumbled.

He breathed deeply. He approached me and placed his hand on my hip.

"Did I do something wrong?" He asked as his eyes softened.

"No." I mumbled and walked away. I folded my arms over my chest.

"Then what the fuck didn't you pick up my calls?" He barked at me.

I breathed deeply and said. "I want to stop our agreement."

He looked at me, stunned. He opened and closed his mouth without managing to say anything. He cleared his throat.

"Why?" He muttered.

I bit my lower lip nervously and looked away, avoiding his piercing eyes.

"I fell in love with you." I breathed deeply and admitted.

His eyes widened. He looked at me, dumbfounded.

After a few annoying silence seconds, he mumbled. "Umm...Ellie...I..."

"I know you don't love me like I love you." I interrupted him. "Because of that, I want to stop it. It will be good for both of us. I can not pretend that everything is fine when I want more. I don't want to be enemies without benefits anymore." I confessed, looking into his eyes. "But I know you don't want it. So I decided that stopping this agreement would be the best." I said as my eyes welled up. I didn't feel well. My heart sank.

I approached him and placed a soft kiss on his lips. "Good bye, my lovely enemy." I said and left without waiting for him to say anything.

I went towards my father in quick steps. I grabbed my clutch as I told my father that I felt bad, and I needed to leave.

As soon as I walked out, tears ran down my cheeks.

Everything ended. I lost him forever.

I wiped my tears off my cheeks and got in my car as a valet brought my car.

I looked towards the door as I said, crying. "I will miss you, Ash."