Chapter 12 • Elzie Versus Vitara

Here's the next chapter guys! I hope you like it; please vote and comment if you do! Thanks!

Chapter 12 • Elzie Versus Vitara

Her glare pierces right through me. As she is about a foot taller and stares down at me, she makes me feel fragile. Like a delicate looking glass that she knows all the secrets too. I step back about a yard or two and I gather up some of the light I ate before I got to the temple. The lights transfers to my mouth and I let it go, the light shooting right at her.

"Light Dragon's Roar!" I yell as it flies to her. With lightening speed, she puts up her hand again and a glass forms, the light reflecting off back at me. Startled, I tumble to the side as my light burns through the floor, creating a huge gaping hole into it.

I can't believe I can be so stupid! I think to myself. Light reflects off of glass, of course! How am I supposed to beat her then?

"What are you going to do, Light Dragon?" she speaks to me, grinning evilly. "You won't be able to strike me with light! I'll just continue to reflect it!"

My mind races, attempting to form a strategy that not even she will be able to understand. I pull my short hair, demanding my mind to think more logically and creatively. However, nothing comes to me and I begin to get worried. I hear her feet clacking on the beautiful, ancient floors, the noise echoing a thousand times into my ears. I move back with each step she takes until I hit a wall behind me. I glance at what stopped me, and I realize it's the end of the room. I then start to move to the side.

As I do this Vitara guffaws at my fear. She forms a knife made purely of glass and pulls me to her, placing the knife onto my throat. I try to break free, but her grip is too strong for my pained arms. Interested, she tightens her hand even farther and I scream in agony.

"Oh, it feels like you really messed up this arm," she speaks while she inspects my bruised body like a doctor. "It looks like you were already beat up bad. Tell the other chick I say thank you. It made you ten times weaker." She threw me to the ground and my back stings from the impact.

I have to watch her, I tell myself. Watch her closely. Her powers, her form. There has to be a way my light can beat her glass. I know that I need a game plan, and quick. After all of the stress, I finally think of it.

The solution I've been needing.

"Hey, Vitara," I say with much more confidence than I spoke before. "Let's play a game."

"Ooh," she hums. She beams at me from my offer, intrigued. "Where'd all that self doubt go?"

"Away. It doesn't matter anymore. You won't be seeing it again for as long as you have left to live." I laugh maniacally, my lungs hurting as I do. Still, I continue without showing her how internally weak I am from the previous battle. "You try to hit me with as many glass sculptures as you can. You win if I die. I win if I crush you."

"Let's start then," Vitara hisses eagerly. Without a slight moment's hesitation, she launches numerous glass weapons at me. I dodge the variety of swords, sharks, lions, and fists she creates, and as I do so I look behind me. Using all of my mind strength, I try to detect a pattern of the sculptures, any one. I instantly notice that it takes some time before the glass disappears from existence.

Her raid concludes quickly, and I look back. No, I need more! I need more makings to detect the pattern!

I never thought before in my entire life that I would ever say these words to an opponent. I land from my jump in the air to avoid the glass katana shooting at me point first. My palm falls onto the floor and I use it to pick myself up. I put my hands on my hips, my countenance wearing a bored expression.