Chapter 1 • The Beginning

Hey everyone! Here's the first chapter of The Purple Moon! Again, this is my first fanfiction, so I'm sorry this may be a start at a beginner level. It will get better as I get used to writing in this genre, I promise. Please vote and comment on this chapter, it will mean a lot, thanks!

Chapter 1 • The Beginning

I stroll through the streets of Magnolia Town, taking in the beauty and peace. I grin happily and close my tired golden eyes, taking a long, deep breath. I open my eye lids after a few seconds, and glance at the scenery around me. The myriad of shops and homes line up on opposite sides of the cluster of people, giving me a closed but comfortable feel. I watch a two boys with dark brown hair who look like twins running in the streets, laughing and teasing each other as they fly by me. They disappear into the distance and a large gust of wind blows my short, dark brown hair slightly. I turn away from the wind to my destination, as if the air is directing me there; to Fairy Tail.

I gradually walk faster and faster to my home; the multi-story, colorful building standing above the city prominently as if it is watching over Magnolia. I see the large, grand symbol of my guild becoming bigger and bigger, indicating that I am closer to my family. I pant as I begin running, the warm air brushing my face, making me sweat even more. I wipe my forehead with my long sleeve attempting to take away the moisture. In a shorter amount of time than expected, I stand in front of the doors of Fairy Tail and I swing the doors open with too much force. Everyone looks my way, and I stare back at them, emotionless. Even though I am happy to be back to Fairy Tail, I usually don't show it as much as I should. Their confused faces almost automatically shift into pure happiness.

"Elzie!" Everyone yells, running toward me like a herd of bison chasing their food. Suddenly, a head of long, scarlet hair and shiny armor flies in front of me, stopping every single soul before they reach me. It is obvious who this person is.

"Stand back," she announces confidently. Everyone obeys her without question, going the extra length of sitting down at the benches in the main room. Erza Scarlet turns her head to me, her lips turning up into a smile. "Welcome back, Elzie."

I nod and grin to her and Erza walks away from me. As if I never even came in, the whole guild goes back to their original selves; Natsu Dragneel and Gray Fullbuster bickering, Cana Alberona drinking, and Elfman Strauss ranting about how the others should be more of a "man."

Typical Fairy Tail, I say in my head. I stride to the bar, where Makarov has a wooden cup of alcohol in his hand. He looks serious and coordinated. Good, he's not drunk yet, I say to myself. I drop my red sack of spoiled food and money onto the floor.

"Welcome back, Elzie," Mira says joyfully, her long white hair in its usual style. "How was your mission?"

"Fine," I tell her simply. "Boring, too."

"When is anything not boring to you?" Mira jokes, and I give her a fake smile.

"What happened while I was gone?" I ask. "Anything eventful?"

Makarov hiccups suddenly and his cheeks pink. Now he's drunk, I say to myself.

"Macao was being an idiot again," Makarov slurs, pointing to the man with blue hair at the other end of the bar.

"You don't need to tell her too..." Macao says, frustrated. Mirajane just giggles.

"What else?" I ask, curious.

"Natsu, he and some others beat the whole guild of Eisenwald."

"Really?" I ask, surprised. Natsu is becoming stronger every time I see him.