Chapter 4 • Smooth sailing... yeah right!

Hello, here's chapter 4! I'm happy to say that this book is gaining reads fast. Thank you for the people who are voting and commenting, I appreciate it, you're amazing! Here's the next chapter!

Chapter 4 • Smooth sailing... yeah right!

I grab my things from my closet, stuffing them in my bag as Erza waits for me, her enormous suitcase in the hallway. She enters my room, her silver armour glistening from the sunlight peaking through the window near my bed. She closes her eyes, as if she is in deep thought, then opens them, immediatenly going to my drawer. I glance at her, confused.

"Um, what are you doing?" I ask, scratching my head. She examines everything in there, then takes out one of my pairs of underwear.

"This is so small," Erza tells me, peering at it. My eyes widen, and I snatch it out of her hand, quickly shoving it into my bag.

That was so embarrassing... I slowly say in my head, freaking out. I didn't know Erza was so weird!

As if nothing just happened, she gets absorbed in her thoughts again, and I see that she's worried, but angered at the same time.

"We'll get them back," I tell her, as if I am reading her mind. She glances at me as if she forgot I am there, then smiles.

"Yes Elzie, we will."

Finally, I am done packing, everything I need in my brown sack. I tie the end and fling it over my shoulder, the bag hitting my back.

"Ready to go?" I ask, and I walk out of the room, right behind Erza.

"Yes," she tells me, and we exit my apartment.

We walk down the stairs in silence. I look at Erza, and she's still so deep in thought, she wouldn't even hear me speak. As we exit the building and continue through the streets of Magnolia Town, I get annoyed by the silence. What could she possibly be thinking so much about? Is she still worried?

"Erza!" I say a little bit to loudly. Her head jerks up. "You realize you don't need to keep wor-"

"Up ahead," she says, cutting me off, and walks faster in the direction she stated. That's when I realize that I don't even know where I'm walking; I'm just following Erza.

After a couple of minutes, Erza abruptly stops, and so do I, almost crashing into her. I glare at her from behind, but she's doesn't notice as she just scans the whole area. I glance at all the of the boats lined up perfectly on the durable dock. We then see a short, wrinkly old man walking out of one of the ships, and Erza walks up to him. He must be one of the sailors.

"Hello, can you take us to Galuna Island?" Erza asks politely, but impatiently at the same time. The man's eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"No! Not to the cursed island!" he says, running away from us rather abruptly. I shrug.

"I guess that's a no. If he didn't want to take us there, I doubt anyone else would." People seem to be terribly scared of the island by seeing that one man. That makes me even more excited to go.

Erza, however, does not budge. She continues to scan the seas. I walk up from behind her and I shield my eyes from the scorching sun so I can see better.

"Let's just take a boat," I say, walking towards the boats. Erza stops me.

"No," she says. "We'll take that." she announces, confidently pointing to a large, wooden pirate ship out in the middle of the sea. I gawk at her.

"You're going to hijack a pirate ship?" I ask. I sigh, knowing that's what the normal Fairy Tail mage would do. "And how will you possibly get there? We'll have to use one of these boats no matter what."