23

simplypenguin here it is, sorry for being a tease

----------

I wasn't there long before i got a phone call, and i figured he'd just woken up. "Hey you," i said softly as i answered the phone.

"That doesn't look much like the lake," Ryan said, and i frowned, looking around. I was wrong, he hadn't just woken up.

A huge smile appeared on my face when i spotted him at the door of the little cafe i was sitting in, and i went over to him. "How'd you find me?"

He shrugged, "i know you."

I hugged him tight, and he led me away from the cafe with his arms around me.

"I'm sorry about Andy being a dick," i said once we'd pulled away and sat on a bench.

"It's alright, he's been a dick since i started the band," he chuckled, not looking at me, "i think you're just his excuse to be more of a dick."

"What did he actually say to you?" i asked him.

"What did he tell you he said?"

"That i like you," i said, looking down at the floor.

"That's pretty much it," he ran a hand through his hair, "but like, profusely."

I sighed, "i'm sorry."

"Why?" he looked at me.

"Because you freaked out about it," i frowned, still refusing to look at him.

"But it's not your fault he's an ass," he said slowly.

"Yeah but if- if i-"

"Mike?" he lifted my chin up, making me look at him, "i love you more than anything, okay?

I nodded, "i just- i'm- i'm sorry for making things weird..."

"You didn't make things weird," he shook his head, "things don't have to be weird, okay?"

I pulled away from him, "it's too late for that, don't you think?"

"What do you mean?" he frowned, following me as i stood up.

It was my turn to cry. I couldn't do this anymore; it was too much. I shook my head, "i can't do this anymore, Ryan..."

"Okay, now you're being weird," he grabbed my wrist and spun me around, "talk to me?"

I shook my head and he pulled me into a hug, "Mike, i can't lose you, please don't do this."

"I can't do it anymore," i mumbled into his chest, "it's too hard..."

"Mikey please," he hugged me tighter as i tried to get out of his arms.

"It's not good for us- it's not good for me.." i said, letting my tears fall, and letting Ryan wipe them away as he looked at me.

"What's not good for you?" he asked softly.

"This!" i snapped, pushing him away, "i can't do this when you don't feel the same, it's not-"

"Wait, what?" he looked at me. He looked at me like i'd just fucking levitated or something, eyes on mine.

"What?" i frowned.

"He was right?"

"What, who?" i sniffed, wiping my eyes with the backs of my hands.

"Andy," he said softly, stepping closer to me again, "you like me?"