Chapter 30 Hot Drama

Travis's POV

I felt relieved, confident, and powerful. Finally, I had walked away from the worst and was taking my belongings to a friend's house. As soon as I reached Lucy, I would have her drive me out of the city, and out of this nightmare! Only, that did not happen.

"I really do apologize for doing this to you." The words were spoken right before a baseball bat connected with the side of my face and nearly broke my nose. I raised my hands and my bag caught another swing of the bat, throwing my stuff away. I tried to scream of course, before another person punched my face and busted my lip, forcing a gag over my mouth and sending me stumbling towards a wall. Both attackers slammed me down on the concrete in an alley, causing my head and hands to scrape against concrete and burn. A third person hog-tied me before I could get up or process what was happening.

Everything was so quick, so definite, I felt at loss as they dragged me down the alley and out of sight. The gang had three coolers near the garbage bins and seemed to be camping out here, and the smell of blood I detected was not just my own pouring from my nose or trailing down from my head. These were dangerous people, and there was no clean air around them.

There was a flash before my face. They had set me up against a wall and took a photo of me. Meanwhile, I could barely tell what they looked like with my eyes squinted and watery from being literally hit in the head with a damn baseball bat. I had escaped one horrifying place, only to end up somewhere just as messy, if not more gory. Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

Their phone went off pretty quickly, and I had a moment to wonder if someone recognized my face. I couldn't imagine where anyone might recognize me from. There was some Asian language spoken and an English stutter before a fourth person appeared. This blurry figure moved over and got on her knees before me, revealing a smiling Japanese lady. Apparently, she was good news.

"Please close your eyes, let me treat you and remove that gag." She encouraged, baffling me with her elegant red and blue dress and gentle touch. "If you scream, I will bury a knife into your gut." Her hand gently traced against my cheek, causing me to shiver.

Not quite ready to embrace death after an attempted suicide, I obeyed her and closed my eyes. She removed the gag and wiped the blood from my lips and jaw. This was gentle and new, but I still couldn't tell if I was going to die soon. Best case scenario, they tell me they had the wrong person, or take my kidney and let me leave. Worst case scenario would be them selling me back off to James, and I preferred the knife in my gut over that, but I would be lying to say I was ready to die today.

"It is a good thing you have caught our leader's attention." The woman told me. "He is a fan of your modeling."

My eyes opened with surprise. "I thought I only had one picture done? I've been locked up for ages."

She shrugged, brushing her hair back to reveal a nasty burn scar that covered her shoulder. "Then you must have left an impression." Her dismissal told me that being locked up by a psychopath was a perfectly normal thing in her world. "I only had one shoot too, before our leader found me and made me not so pretty." She revealed her shoulder more, showing the burn scar went farther down.

There was nothing to say to that, my head swarming with a little fear and great concern. I feared that I had sank into an altered reality of illegal crimes where the rich just paid off anyone to get anything that they wished. Or perhaps, I was finally becoming aware of this city.

The woman was very gentle with washing my face up. The three guys talked. The man who tied me up and the other guy who punched me both turned and left back down the alley, likely to ruin someone else's day. The man with the bat, Baseball guy, paced around me. I didn't like how he was looking at me, I felt like a piñata and he was a kid who just received the news that his favorite candy was hidden in the paper-mâché. The bloody coolers around me only supported my fears.