Chapter 5

A guard came and took me away before I knew it. They clutched my arms and prodded me into a vehicle. I didn't fight back. I couldn't fight back.

I was frozen in the same trance I was in when I first heard my name called. I hadn't moved since. I heard nothing. But I saw everything around me. I saw my dad rush out the house and try to grab me back, I saw my mom scream at my dad. I saw Michael trying to calm down my mom, and the guard shoving everyone but me back in the house. Everything moving in slow motion.

The car I was in started moving. I was gone.

"The scientist's name is Levi Jaxon. He is the most intelligent scientist the other Unit has." The Jury member, George Ryan, was giving me the instructions regarding my trip. I had snapped out of my trance once we entered the space craft appearing building and the metal doors slammed shut.

George, like me, was black. He had afro textured hair, and a salt and pepper colored beard. His dark eyes were stone cold, and his expressions were unreadable.

"You will be given this dagger, a canteen, and a bag of fruits and snacks to keep your stomach satisfied for a few days." He handed me the small sized dagger, the canteen, which I wrapped across my body, and the bag of snacks.

"How long will I be gone?"

"It should take no more than two days." He answered back.

"How do I know how to find this, Levi Jaxon?"

"He is located in this large research center. It's called the Master Galaxy Palace. MGP for short. I don't know why they're trying to use such high and mighty hot shot names to make them seem more superior and intelligent. We all know that they try to compete with us on such high levels." He remarked.

Yet, we need their help.

"It shouldn't be that hard to convince some old lunatic to help us with our solar troubles. Once he is convinced, he comes to us, helps us, and all our troubles are fixed. Possibly." He added.

"Well, if it's so easy, why don't you go and do it?" I asked, while folding my arms.

He gave me a stern look. A look that warned me to keep my mouth shut.

"You might have to replace your batteries during the trip." He handed me a new six pack of batteries.

"Be careful. Be safe. Be fast." He ordered before hurrying me out of the room.

"Wait," I slowed down and turned back toward him.

He let out a deep exasperated sigh.

"Yes, Ms. Harper. What else do you need?"

"How am I going to get there and back? Do I just walk there?"

He chuckled. That irritated me.

"Oh no, dear. Their Unit is way too far away for you to just walk there." He stood up and showed me out the door. Before he closed it, he finished speaking. "You, my dear, are taking the train."