"You know Sidra?" I ask her skeptically and she nodded, still looking scared. 

"I was one of her good friends. She opened up to me sometimes." She says quietly, and when I see the pain that flashes through her eyes, the urge to kill her disappeared. She knew her Sidra's pain and she felt bad because of it. 

A question suddenly popped into my head, "Did your Alpha ever mention a Rese Alvaro?" I ask her and she furrows her eyebrows in thought for a moment. She then shook her head, having no idea who he was. 

'Do you doubt your boyfriend?' I suddenly hear Siras ask, and I jumped in surprise, 'Has he done something to make you doubt him, Calina?' He seemed more serious when he asked the second time, his voice deeper with questioning. I looked around, but I didn't see Siras, and by how quiet his voice was in my mind, I assumed he had to be far away from me. 

'Do we have to talk about this right now?' I ask him, slight annoyance in my tone. 

'Do we have to talk about this right–Yes, we have to talk about this right now.' I hear the growl in his tone, and something inside me snaps at the similarly to Rese and his new attitude.

'I don't know, okay?' I asked snappishly, 'I don't know who to trust and who not to trust. And lose the attitude, you're sounding a lot like my boyfriend.'

That shut him up quickly, and I could feel his bubbling annoyance at my comparison. When I was sure he wasn't going to interrupt further, I turned to 'Kalia'. For some reason, the way she hesitated with her name bothered me. She was obviously scared and didn't know who to trust. 

"What's your real name?" I ask her, taking a step forward and she shifts from side to side anxiously, still afraid of me. 

"My name is Daise." She says softly, and I smile at her. She had a lovely name. 

"Welcome to the Missouri River Basin Pack territory, Daise." I tell her and I watch as relief floods her face at the mention of a pack territory that was far from the hell she had been in for God knows how long. 

"Did anyone follow you?" I ask her after a moment and she shakes her head instantly. Just to make sure, I listen around me, trying to make out any off-beat sounding footsteps. But there was no one stalking us in the shadows–no one that I knew of. 

"I left without anyone knowing, I made sure of it." She says, sounding confident, and I nod once. 

But all of a sudden, a growl slipped from somewhere in the forest, and the wolf raised his hackles as he spun around, trying to find the source of the growl. I went on high alert, looking around the forest as well. 

I had no idea where I was and I wasn't sure if this building had any place I could hide safely.

"Oh, you thought you got here all on your own, did you, Daise, girl?" I heard the horribly familiar voice of Alpha Ceasar, my father, and my whole mind went on shut down, the wall coming down into crumbling shards of glass that cut through the anger and the shame, piercing into the utter fear the enveloped me like a cacoon. 

I watched as the same feeling I felt echoed across Daise's face that drained of all color. At least we feared the same thing.

We both watched as the man we feared the most, more than death himself, stepped from the treeline like he was the only god in the world. A smirk painted his lips and his eyes glittered with something darker than the darkness that surrounded Siras. This darkness was different. 

I took a step back, growing closer to Daise just to feel like I wasn't fighting alone again. 

"And you, Calina," He says, giving me a smirking look of fake sympathy, "You disappoint me by welcoming such filth into a territory that's not yours." His words set me on fire as rage slowly begins to rumble and burn through the fear.