chapter 9

Juliette's POV

Darkness. Very dense darkness. I couldn't figure out what was real and what was a dream. Am I in the dark for real?  It is so scary. I'm all alone and afraid. I want to leave this place.

Suddenly, I felt like my wish is coming true. I'm starting to leave that place. I slowly saw light in an unclear vision.

Out of that blurry light my eyes met with a gorgeous pair of blue eyes. Not a second later I understood whose eyes Iam looking at. I jumped from my bed and sat up in a terror. George is sitting right beside my bed looking at me very closely.

"Did I scare you?" he asked in a what seems to be a gentle tone.

I said nothing. My mind was filled with a thousand thoughts. I was angry, scared, disgusted and confused. After the last last encounter with him, he became the last person on the earth that I want to be with. I was mad at him for trying to rape me. That made me feel weak. 

He might be an alpha. I dont even know if I'm his mate. But trying to claim me that way, against my will, as if I am a worthless object that can be used whenever he wants. That very thought made me really mad. I hate him. I didn't even care to answer his question.

I kept calm looking at the folds of my blanket. He was staring at me. After a while he started to speak.

"About what happened earlier, I'm really sorry. That was the first time a girl rejected me and it hurt me. So I lost it."

I kept listening to him but didn't show any interest as much as I did in counting the dots on my blanket.

"I want you to understand. I know it hurt your feelings. You would have felt really helpless and weak. I know a woman like you hates to feel that way."

A frown appeared on my forehead. Can he read minds or something? 

"But I need you to understand the bond between us. Being an alpha and your mate, I can't take it if you reject me. You are my woman. You don't seem to get it now but you will one day. Trust me."

That's it. I couldn't stay calm anymore.

"No, I think you are the one who doesn't seem to get it. I'm not your mate. I'm a human. If I was your mate, I should have felt something too. But honestly, I didn't. Let's face it. We are not mates. The sooner you get it the better."

This time, I was looking at his eyes. I didn't want to be afraid of him anymore and I wanted my freedom. He is right. A woman like me never wants to feel weak. Not even in front of an alpha. Would he try to rape me again? I was not ready to let that happen.

He stared at me for a minute or two with his piercing blue eyes. I could see a mild sign of smirk which grew wider. He lifted his hand and reached my cheek. I tried to move away but he held my chin. He started to caressmy bottom lip.

My protest was not of much use. He reached closer to me looking into my eyes. There was barely an inch distance between our lips. I stopped moving as any movement would lead to a kiss. But I didn't look away from his eyes. I didn't want to give him the satisfaction.

"Sweetheart, you are a human. I don't know how things work with you. But an alpha knows when he finds his mate. And don't think of me as one of you humans.I am not letting you go. Not now, not ever. The world has seen a ruthless alpha in me. Some have seen a murderer, Some have seen a friend. Many saw an enemy and a monster.  But  remember Juliette, You are and will be the only one who will see a lover in me. The mate whose love is nothing like anything you have experienced before. And let me tell you, I will drive you so crazy that you'll understand what you are doing to me every moment. And no one can stop that from happening."

I was speechless. Just a few moments earlier, I was very confident and brave. But this man's words put me in a shock. I have never heard such determined words. Part of me started getting scared of what he said. Not a moment did he lose the confidence in his tone. He slowly let go of my chin. He got up and started to walk towards the door. He stopped near the door and turned towards me.

"Mark my words Juliette. No one is going to save you from me. You are mine.  You will get it. sooner or later."

With that, he was gone. Leaving me there wondering what is going to happen.

What if his words are true? Even if he was my mate, I don't want him. I can't even imagine the things he said. No, I don't want them to happen. What will he do to me?

After thinking for a while, I have made a strong decision.I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE. I need to leave. I won't let him get me. I have to go to a place where he can't find me. I NEED TO ESCAPE.