Prologue

"Juliette! Oh my god! It's  been so long ! How are you?" Claire hugged juliette so tightly making her struggle for her breath.

" I'm good. I missed you too.."

The thing with Claire is that she is very assertive about her affection. Growing up with a sister as outgoing as her, one would expect Juliette to inculcate certain qualities. But as different as the sisters were from each other, they've never been able to stay apart.

Since their Parents died in a car crash, they grew up with their uncle and aunt who genuinely loved them. Sam and Jenny Spencer had always wanted kids. But the god never granted their wish. After trying for years, they finally resigned to their fate. When his brother died, leaving the little siblings with nobody else, Sam took it upon him to care for the girls as if they were his own.

 Claire was the naughty one, always getting into trouble while Juliette was the good girl, covering up for her sister. Things went well until Claire finished her college and got a job in Washington. She had to move far away which was a bad news to Juliette and the old couple.

 "How is uncle Sam and Aunt Jenny?" Juliette was about to answer that question when her eyes caught a man coming towards them. He stopped behind Claire and rested his hand on her shoulder.

"So this is your sister?"Juliette saw the tall, incredibly handsome guy speak. He was by far the most good looking man she ever saw.

Claire looked up at him with a warm smile. It didn't take a genius to know what was going on between her sister and this beautiful man.

Juliette stood there staring at the romance novel moment in front of her eyes.  Claire must have noticed that when she looked back at her. She started to gather herself to speak. 

"Oh, Jules this is Marc. He's.. ummm...."

"Your Boyfriend? Because that would explain a few things which happened in the past ten seconds."  

Claire had mentioned Marc several times when she and Juliette spoke on the phone but never told her that she was dating him.

It was the first time in her life that Juliette saw her sister blush but then again,  it was also the first time that she saw a grown man blush. Claire looked at her apologetically.

"I wanted to tell you but, I didn't know how you'd react".

Hell yeah! Juliette herself didn't know how to react. Not that this was Claire's first relationship. But somehow the man seemed to be different from others. She could also tell from looking at Claire that she was not who she was when she was dating  other guys. She seemed more like.... herself.

After 32 seconds of awkward silence, Juliette finally spoke,"Hmmm...You are Dating and I get to know now. fine. When is the party?"

Claire let go of the breath she was holding and hugged her laughing sister.

It was Juliette's first time visiting Washington. What made the visit wonderful was that she was finally living the dream. Back home, she always dreamt of the day where she would get back with her sister and roam the streets of Washington with her. It was surprisingly pleasant to have Marc as company. Frankly, he was a sweet guy. Claire deserved to be happy after all those jerks she met during her high school and college. Juliette didn't know what her sister saw in those guys. They treated her like trash all the time. Yet, she knew Claire and how committed she can be. It was one of the many things she loved in her. When she dumped those jerks each time,  Juliette felt relieved and happy for Claire. "Finally!"  she used to say, after which they ordered Pizza and talked while watching some stupid Rom-com.