Chapter 18

Juliette's POV

Peace....Real peace to my mind, body and soul. I didn't think I would ever be able to get out of that prison. Out of that man's grasp. I thought I might end up dead waiting. But god has been on my side. Well, God and Marc.

I dont know how he made all this happen. But if there was no Marc, I wouldn't be lying so comfortably on this seat going away from washington. As soon as I got into the car with Amy, she told me that Marc made all the arrangements for me to go to New york. I wondered how that happened at such a short notice. In my heart, I felt proud my sister was dating a nice and smart fella.

I feel great. Free. But also, I'm a nervous mess. I was scared if George would come and catch me. It's a combination a different feelings. But I didnt want to waste my energy thinking about all those things anymore.

Although, I refused to forget about that voice which rescued me. Who was that? Was it my guardian angel? And how did the wall literally open to let me through? All that seemed like a magic. I wasn't the kind who believes in magic and stuff but after that incident, I had to.

I will try and find out whose voice that is. May be we will communicate again if I try. As I was in these thoughts, I heard the announcement that we are now landing at JFK.

...................................................................................................................................................

"Miss Rose Williams", said the security official looking at my passport.

"That's me", I said faking a smile at him. I was trying to be convincing despite every inch of my body is filled with tension. It was Marc's idea that all my details should be faked in order for George to not be able to find me. I couldn't fight that though I hate hiding my true identity. I finished collecting my luggage and walked towards the arrival section. I could see all the people waiting for their friends or relatives to arrive. Among the crowd, I saw a guy, about 28 or so, holding a board that says "Rose Williams". Beside him was a beautiful brunette of may be the same age. I hesitantly walked towards them. As I was approaching them, their eyes found me. It seemed like as soon as they looked at me, they recognized me.

"Hi Rose... Over here" the brunette signalled me towards her. I reached them and before I could say another word, the brunette hugged me tightly. This kinda took me by surprise. I mean, I dont even know the woman.

"Juliette, Dont worry. we are gonna take care of you. Marc told us everything." she whispered to me. The man next to her nodded in agreement.

"Thank you. I'm sorry but you are.....???" I paused.

"Ohh....I'm Sarah, and this is my husband Steve." she introduced herself and her husband.

We finished our introduction sessions and started to their place.

..............................................................................................................................................................Marc's

Marc's POV

Today is so freaking scary as Yesterday was successful. After Juliette was taken by Amy, Kate and I finished the meeting and left the place smoothly. It is only an hour later that I found out the Alpha was looking for me.

Apparently, he went upstairs, saw Juliette missing and started looking for her. His men went to our place (where Juliette was staying with Claire and me). There they found no one as Claire already vacated the place. Claire is one mastermind. She took out all the pictures and evidences with me on them and handed them over to me. "I love you baby. It's just that I don't want them to know you are involved in this in case they come looking for us" she said.

Now I knew why the alpha called me but I kept my cool and went over to his place. I entered his house and saw Kate sitting on the Sofa in the hall with the alpha. That bastard had to suspect us as if someone told him.

I walked towards them. "You called me sir?" I asked switching my gaze towards Kate. She looked scared to her very core. Something happened here.

The alpha was sitting there with his eyes closed and head leaning to the back rest of the couch. He looked very deep in thoughts and pretty pissed. I didn't get any response for about a minute. He then took a deep breath and leaned forward, sitting with his elbows resting on his knees. He slowly opened his eyes and kept looking down.

"You wanna know why I called you Mark?" he said in a deep, way too peaceful tone. That was not good.

He looked up at me. His eyes were sparkling with golden glitters. This was definitely not good. The room was so silent I could here the wall clock ticking like a drum beat in my ears. I could see a smile on his face. A very cold one. This was not at all good.

" Why don't you take your seat?" he gestured towards the chair in front of him.

I had no choice but to obey.

"What would you like to have? Coffee, a Soft drink ? "

"No. I'm cool thanks." I said.

"No no no no no....You have to have something. Frankly, I didn't feel I've congratulated you enough for your upcoming wedding. How about a small treat?" he asked.

I didn't know what his plan was. But I know that I'm about to get screwed.

"I am fine. Really. Thank you." I said.

Kate was staring at me and him not knowing what to do. Her hands were shivering.

"He is hesitating. Steve!!! Two cocktails Please."

The Steve behind him nodded with a little smile and walked to the Kitchen.

"To answer your question Marc, " he paused.

I looked at him and he ran his fingers through his hair. Then he continued.

"The reason I called you here is that I want to know where Juliette is. "

Kate gasped. She shouldn't have done that. I was still. I didn't want to give out anything until I knew what all he knows.

"What happened to Juliette?" I asked.

He laughed softly and said. "Ohh....you lying little fuck.... It's Ok. I know everything. You can remove that mask now." he said so casually.

Oh he knew everything alright. I could tell by his behavior. He doesn't get mad so easily but he is this calm and relaxed only when he's done something evil.

I kept staring at him. His eyes were burning as if some one lit them on fire. But his looks were ice cold. That's a very rare combination.

"Oh the Cocktails are here." he said shifting the gaze to Steve who approached us and put the tray of Cocktails in front of us.

"Please...." he gestured at the drinks.

I didn't move an inch. Was this fucker intimidating? Sure he was.

"Take......the fucking.. Drink.....Both of you." His words were steady, Sharp and crystal clear.

Kate took hers in her hand and I followed her.

"Now...." he exhaled. "About Juliette." he said. Kate is a nervous wreck at this point. I couldn't look at myself but I am very close to her situation.

''Where did you send her?" he asked.