Chapter 19: The Set Out

____________
• —Aeron's POV— •
____________

(( 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘋𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦

(( 𝘚𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘋𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘈𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘢'𝘴 𝘋𝘦𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦. ))

"How long will you be moping around?"

The door slammed open in a loud thud.

I'm sitting on the divan by my windows' sill, just idly staring at the view outside when Levi stormed inside my bedroom. The guards and butlers tried their best to stop him but he paid no heed. I turned my head and looked at Levi.

He marched across my bedroom and stood just in front of me, "Didn't you receive any of my messages?"

"I did..." I answered, pointing at the corner table where few envelopes are seen with a red wax sealed with Morlock's household crest.

"You didn't read it?"

"I was planning to... I was busy." I replied

"Busy? —BUSY?! Spiders are already building their webs on you! You're wasting time moping here like a slob! You are coming with me!" He grabbed my wrist.

"It's no use, Levi. She made up her mind..."

"No! We will take her back and I need you to accompany me! We will make courtesy calls to gather allies."

I swept my eyes pass him and focused on the guy perching by the doorway— realizing it's Eriol, just watching us. He must be the one that helped Levi in. I remembered strictly instructing all the guards that I didn't want any visitors.

Eriol just eyed me coolly as if to examine my response to Levi's arrival.

"I'm staying here, Levi. It's pointless to search for my sister. She's already decided..."

Levi dropped his grip, "And just like that... you're giving up?"

"It's not about giving up... it's about accepting her decision." I sat back down on the divan and switched my gaze to the scene beyond my windows.

"This makes no sense. Why would she come with them?"

I hear the door closes.

I shifted my focus at the reflection on the glass and saw Eriol shutting the door close, assuring privacy perhaps. "I'm sure you have heard of a dark magus, right Levi?" he says, joining the conversation.