Chapter 17: The Theurgist

(ɴᴏ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴛ.)

     Chapter 17: The Theurgist

I minutely glance down to look at the new pair of shoes I bought and can't help but feel somewhat thrilled. I can't believe a new footwear can make me feel this hyped.

Or maybe it's just the contagious lively ambiance the streets of Ak'hilheim is to blame.

We were currently walking by the main roads of the city. I still feel so compelled to observe everything around me as if it was my first time. Though the first time I did came here, I was inside a body of a boy because of the runic stone I consumed. And now, I'm disguised as a boy to hide from those who are looking for me. Maybe this city is like a checkpoint for some diety, making sure I am a boy every time I stay here. That would be crazy if it's true.

Most people in the streets are dressed in multi cultural garments and equipments apt for traveling. Some uses plain hoods, some cloaks, and some turbans. Weapons and shields are worn like a common accessory. There are many different races too. I've never seen Demi's inside the continent but there are plenty of them roaming Ak'hilheim.

Ak'hilheim is the grand port city of the southermost Kingdom. It's where the warden of the south lives. He's called Sultan Ulf of House Rahn, father of my friends Ifrit and Maru. I met them from our adventures here few months ago when I was travelling with my brother. So that's me, Aeron, Levi and...

Huh?

...

Was there another one with us?

I lifted my eyes and saw Aide glancing left to right. She's leading the way. We are supposed to look for an inn. Scias on the other hand is fanning himself with a paper fan he randomly bought few moments ago from some street vendors. He's sweating as much as I am.

That's another interesting thing about Ak'hilheim. Their seasons in this part of the continent seems to be different from the rest. It's suppose to be winter season but the heat of the weather today is immense! I can feel the sting of the sun as though I am boldly bathing wide open to the scorching rays of daylight without any garb or any means of protection, when in fact I'm wearing a hood, a wig, and other multi layers of clothes underneath. Added that my chest is tightly wrapped in bandages. Damn, this is torture!

It's hella windy though but even the breeze felt warm. I don't get it why it feels like we're in the middle of a desert or something yet in reality this city is actually located near the seas.

A shadow minutely rolled by, casting a temporary shade. I gaze up at the sky and saw an airship idly passing from above us. There were also birds flying around it, as if they wanted the shade as well. I can't blame them though. It's so hot today. I sweep my eyes pass the airship and to the vast azure sky with its almost nonexistent clouds hovering. It's quite peaceful here. I wonder how Greenrun is...?