Chapter 18: Glass Sky

(ɴᴏ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴛ.)

🇦🇺🇹🇭🇴🇷​'🇸🇳🇴🇹🇪​:
Only one chapter update for now...
Sorry for the slow update!
–Pchan.

💠
———

Chapter 18: Glass Sky

The rays of the sun can be seen beaming like curtains of light seen by the end of the tunnel.

We soon reached the egress of the sewers, just the same way we got in. Naya raise her head from her seemingly shallow nap when we stepped out to daylight.

Jin pulled back the irons bars that he bent to the sides earlier as if it was the easiest thing to do.

The hyped-up sensation inside me had eventually faded and everything is back to normal once again.

I wonder if everyone is back at the inn by now? I certainly hope Aide won't think of my disappearance as an attempt to escape.

"Yo! Are you brooding again?" Jin snickered,

It's then that I realized that Jin had already climbed on Naya's back.

"I'm coming." I replied, beaming at him apologetically. I guess I was spacing out more than I should.

It can't be helped though, there are so much things going on around me lately.

I took a deep breath and as what Faram always reminded me, I increased my senses.

An itched suddenly bloomed
alarming my senses.

I abruptly turned my head to a far corner of the open space we are in. Far ahead from us, where a row of trees and bushes lined like margins near the Palace walls, is a presence.

I can sense it. I can't be mistaken.

I focused.

Someone is watching us.

"Two of them" I murmured.

"Yo!" Jin hollered at me. "We gotta go!"

I nodded at Jin, uneasily.
I leaped off from the grounds and landed just behind Jin.

"Let's try to see if they will follow" he says in almost a whisper when I sat down as he did.

Ah.
So Jin had noticed them too.

Naya spreads her wings and began to fly us up.

Soon, we were soaring above the city's buildings and streets. I can see people just glancing at us nonchalantly, not even raising any clamour. I guess it's because most people in this city are either so used in seeing many different things travellers bring along with them or they are travellers themselves.

"Don't look now but... royal guards are really following us from below" Jin says coolly.

"Since when?" I uttered, thinking out loud as I tried to recall if I have sensed them somehow before but overlooked it because I was so immersed in some other stuff.