Chapter 15: Off road

(ɴᴏ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴛ.)

Chapter 15: Off road

I took one glance.

Not the last, that's for sure.

But I know it would take a while before I would see Greenrun again.

From a distance, I see my beloved Dukedom. The breathtaking terrain that surrounds it, the lush woodlands that spreads vast to the furthest valleys beyond the horizons, the great Lake, all the slithering streams that connect like circuits; grass fields, and prairies that will all be soon covered in ice as the winter snow icings the land in white.

After getting out from the dungeons through the same hole by the margins of the Lake, we walked off roads for about an hour or so and now we're somewhere in the foot of a mountain path where countless thin but sturdy looking tall trees are seen crowding the entire vicinity.

The snow has ceased and the sky seems to be upset despite the tranquil clouds idly rolling by.

Every now and then, the heaven roars and flashes. I wonder if a thunderstorm is afoot or... if that's a reflection of Aeron's mood.

I sighed

and went on walking a little behind Aide and his comrades. Faram is farthest behind though. I wonder if I should wait for him, is what I thought but the others seem to be walking continuously and unmindfully. So maybe,  I thought as I try to simply focus my eyes on the path we're taking, this is the formation they all normally walk with?— Aide leads, the other follows and Faram walks alone a little far behind.

I watched the muddy ground and realized my doll-like shoes aren't really built for these kinds of walk. I should get a new shoes some other time but I'm far more embarrass to ask Faram to get me one. Perhaps I could make money on my own somehow?

"How you holding up back there?"

I looked up ahead and saw Aide halted, studying me tentatively. "I'm... good" I replied as I reached him and he began to match my pace in walking. "You need to walk a little faster if you want to keep up!" Aide says and I just turned to look at Faram over my shoulder, "How about him?" I asked, Aide followed my eyes and glance at Faram who was walking in silence towards us.

"Worried about your master?" Aide chuckled. "You don't have to though. He looks out for us, that's why he walks far behind."

"It's not that I'm worried" I corrected, "Just curious how your party formation goes"

"You think too much!" Aide ruffles my head. "Hmm. Your hair color stands out. It might soon become a problem... Use this for the mean time!" He took his cloak off and hands it over to me. Aide is surprisingly friendly.