Chapter 4: The Plan is to Run!

🇦🇺🇹🇭🇴🇷​'🇸🇳🇴🇹🇪​:
Aerra is read as /Ey-rah/

💠

———

Chapter 4: The Plan is to Run!

I blankly stared at the sky as I rest my head on my hands while both elbows rests on the table. I sat peacefully by the garden tables on a small courtyard here in our castle at Greenrun.
Joining me— is Aeron and Levi who both are playing chess.

*sighs*

I'm so bored.

A year and few months have already passed ever since something actually happened in my life. That was when I came to Osteell. The rest of the days became idle since nothing really ever happens here in Greenrun.

But well at least I got a new copy of the book I originally planned to borrow. Syreon gave it to me as a way of apologizing. It turns out Riimo is his pet.

I remembered when Syreon admitted to the incident by the garden:

"Sorry, Lady Aerra. I suppose I went too far." Syreon smiled, clapping his hand in the middle of his face and expressed his 'sincerest' apology. "I was the one who ordered Riimo to lure you inside the maze" he laughs. He doesn't seem so sincere at all though. If anything else he looked as if he's celebrating for his triumphed conquest. "And then got you and Levi to have a moment together. I'm sure that ended up well at least!" he winks.

Ugh! Syreon is so calculating.

———

"I win!" Aeron declares as he stood up and mocked Levi with that pretentious evil laugh while pointing at him. "You can never win against me in the end!"

"Idiot. I already won three times... if we have just stopped then, instead of playing over and over again like this, you wouldn't have won." Levi replied, crossing his hands. As he sinks back to his seat.

    Levi has started visiting Greenrun ever since we met him and sealed the engagement. He visits at least once or twice every two weeks time. I appreciate his efforts despite his busy schedule but well it always end up like this— Aeron playing chess with Levi as I just sit and watch them until someone eventually caves in.

"I say it's a draw!" Aeron murmured, glaring down at Levi imperiously.

"Three-is-to-One is never a draw. Do you even know how to count?" Levi retorted, brows twitching.

"The other rounds doesn't count! I wasn't prepared then!" Aeron stomps his feet, arguing back.

"There are no rounds! One game counts as a one game! Whoever beats the game first wins the entire game wholly, you egoistic idiot!" Levi slams his hands on the table

"As long as we keep playing, one game counts as a round! And who ever wins the final round wins the entire game! And this is the final round!" Aeron slams his hands on the table as well.