Chapter 5: Desert Astray

(ɴᴏ ᴇᴅɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ʏᴇᴛ.)

__________
• Desert Arc •
__________

Chapter 5: Desert Astray

~~~~~~~

    There was fog everywhere

   Darkness hovers between the balance of the sunlit sky and the hazy dim surroundings where even the strongest eyesight can't peer through.

   Everywhere I look was just that thick curtain of fog with only the sun gazing bright above me. No clouds. No birds. Not a sign of life anywhere.
   When I close my eyes, I can only hear the howling of the wind in my ears and feel the draft that passes through my feet; the dryness of it on my skin; and the warm of the atmosphere that embraces me.

Where am I???

Did I die again?

I began to drag my feet across the soft ground.
Everywhere I look depicts a barren land that stretches from all corners of my sight.

I look at my feet.

Wait a minute.
Is this... sand?

The soft ground where my feet burrows shallowly is sand after all and all the fog I am seeing are dusts from the wind that keeps blowing pass me.

I'm in a desert....
But still rather felt like being in limbo.

I went on walking, hoping to see something else aside from the vivid outline of the sun up high.

And then finally a shadow emanated from a distant.

"Hello??"

The howling wind slaps at me like a curtain, blowing strongly against me, I squinted.

"Hello?!"

Struggling to walking towards the figure, I dragged myself on until finally his silhouette takes form into a figure of a tall young man.

He was looking at me.
But not a sound emitted despite his moving lips.
A smile only left me staring.

I ran to him. "You...?" I reached a hand to him. He reaches a hand back.

"Who are you?"

The wind blew one more time and dusts gather like a hurricane forming between us. I tried to keep my eyes open wide. I wanted to comprehend what I'm seeing. His dark hair that shone against the blasting sunlight. And his eyes that stared back at me... it was peculiar yet soothing.

Who....

Wait

~~~~~~~

...

I wearily opened my eyes and saw wooden parquet floor; my cheeks pressed against them.

My head is aching so bad.

I sat up slowly while trying not to shake my head too much. I looked around and realize Aeron was sitting beside me.