Chapter 4: Following The Leo

Start from the beginning

"A boat is a thing," I argued.

"No it isn't!" he shot back.

"Yes, it is," I told him, nodding confidently.

"No it's not!" he defended in a loud voice. At that, Kayla started giggling for no reason.

"What?" Donnie asked, slightly angered.

"You just screamed 'it snot,'" she laughed at him. Donnie's cheeks flushed red and he pursed his lips.

"And a boat is a thing. It sails on water," I informed. Donnie inhaled sharply and stalked off to his lab. Mikey was cracking up, and I saw the other two turtles looking at me funny.

"What?" I looked at them curiously.

"None of your business," Raph accused, scowling.

"Donnie just isn't easily angered, and you made him mad pretty fast for someone we just met," Leo explained, elbowing Raph in the plastron.

"Really?" I asked suspiciously, not convinced.

"Yeah, how'd ya do it? Tell me!!! Tell me!!! I wanna know!!! What are we talking about again?" Mikey exclaimed. Kayla giggled while Raph and Sarah rolled their eyes.

"Twins!" Kayla laughed, pointing at Sarah and Raph.

"Come again?" Sarah asked. I grinned softly.

"Because you both rolled your eyes," I elaborated. "Get it? Because twins are rumored to have telepathic connections?"

They gave me blank stares.

"Ok then, play dumb, that's fine," I muttered.

"What was that?" Raph snapped, his eyes landing on me. I rapidly shook my head.

"Nothing!"

Before I could blink, Raph was lunging at me. I dodged, and ran away with a shout. He chased me, and corned me into the kitchen, him on one side of the counter and me on the other.

"You're gonna pay for that!" he growled.

"I'd rather not," I replied with a nervous laugh as he grabbed my arm. I tried to yank it away, with no luck. Raph dragged me into the other room.

"You guys'll like this show. It's called-" Raph began. I interrupted him.

"Let me guess: How flexible is Abby?" I hypothesized. Raph stared at me in surprise.

"I don't care what mind-reading powers you have-"

"I do not have mind reading powers!"

"-but I wasn't gonna say that anyway."

When I didn't respond, Raph said, "Did you hear me?"

"Yes, I'm not deaf!" I told him. He growled.

"You're gonna regr-"

"What us going on in here?!" a deep, accented voice boomed. The room was silent as we all looked up to see the one, the only... Master Splinter! Raph immediately let go of me and I scrambled over to my friends.

"Leonardo, would you like to explain why there are 4 humans in our home?" he asked, more like ordered, Leo.

"Well, uh... you see... um... we were going up for our nightly patrol.. and I was telling the guys the plan and these girls here.. they, well, they heard Mikey and Mikey popped up to befriend them.. and then Mikey asked them if they wanted to come to the lair and... now here we are," Leo explained perfectly without stuttering at all (not).

"Can we keep them Master Splinter?" Mikey asked. "Please please please please Please please please please Please please please please-"

"Please, Splinter. It's the only way to shut Mikey up," Raph complained.

"How can my family trust you?" Splinter said, directing the question at my friends and I. Donnie poked his head out of the lab, and came over to see what was going on.

"We just wanted to see where your.. uh, turtles lived. We can just go now," Kenzie explained, choosing her words carefully. She yanked us all towards the exit.

"I feel that you will be trusted here as long as you tell no one about us," Splinter allowed. As he turned back to the turtles, he still had a suspicious look in his eye, however. "They may stay. But you must find them bedrooms. We have one guest room and Donatello's bedroom. I am trusting you to work this out," he told his sons, who nodded respectfully. He turned to me.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"I'm Abigail, that's Sarah, Mackenzie, and Mikayla," I introduced. Splinter nodded.

"We are happy to have you, but you must not tell anyone of our existence," Splinter requested. I nodded as he turned and walked into what looked like the dojo.

"Wait, doesn't Donnie need his room?" Sarah asked, referring to Splinter's statement about our sleeping arrangements.

"No," I said, and Donnie confirmed it at the same time as me. Everyone looked at me and I felt my cheeks go hot.

"Uhm... yeah..." I said, fake-smiling at them.

"How did you know that?" Leo demanded.

"Smart people don't use their rooms. They usually sleep in their lab on a table with a blanket on top of them," I explained, earning suspicious looks from Leo and Raph. Donnie looked at me with slightly narrowed eyes but nodded in agreement.

"And you know that because...." Leo continued, interrogating me.

"It's a smart person thing. You would never understand," I teased.

"Hmph," he replied, not realizing the insult. Raph leaned over and whispered something in Leo's ear. "Hey!" he exclaimed when he figured it out. I laughed.

"Learn how to take a joke!" I told him, wagging a finger at him. Leo crossed his arms and tried to keep his cool, but I saw his face turn a little pink.

"Well, I don't know about you-" Sarah started, being interrupted by me.

"But I'm feeling-" I started to sing the lyrics to the Taylor Swift song.

"Don't start," Sarah said unenthusiastically. "Anyway, I call dibs on the guest bed!" she exclaimed, sprinting for the bedroom hallway. She came back with a pink face.

"Just realized you don't know where it is, have you?" Raph said smugly.

"Yes, and I think it would be smart for two someone's to show me before I drag them after me," she suggested, looking pointedly at Leo and Raph.

"Leo can do it," Raph yawned, laying on the couch. Sarah marched over to him.

"You will too," she said flatly, pinching his arm.

"Ow, ow, OW!!! Fine!!!" Raph yelled, pushing Sarah away.

"That's what I thought. Now come on!" Sarah stormed over to Leo, glared at him, then followed a frightened Leo and an annoyed Raph down the hallway.

"I guess we should follow her," I suggested. Kenzie nodded, and we all followed the three down the hallway.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Just want to say, I DO NOT own the lyrics or music to Taylor Swift's '22'. Now that that's cleared up, don't tell me the end of this chapter is horrible, I already know. Sorry!!! Also, I know it's not really good, but I got 40 reads on this story!!! Yay!!! It's pathetic, I know, but it's AWESOME for me!!! Thank you, and adios!!!

Also, TOLD YOU IT WOULD BE LONGER! This one is over 1000 words! WHOOP

-DONNIEYOSHI