Chapter 32: The Unstoppable Shredder

Abby paced nervously back and forth through the lab, her three-fingered hands intertwining and untangling. She glanced back at her T-Phone, just waiting for it to ring.

"If you were so against it, why did you let them follow?"

Samantha had entered the lab, watching Abby scare herself. The turtles had left to confront Shredder, and soon after they left, Sarah convinced Kenzie and Kayla to follow them. Abby had been against it, but she didn't stop them.

"Guys, we should follow them," Sarah said as soon as the turtles were out of earshot. "It isn't fair that they go fight to save us while we sit here!"

"Sarah, Splinter will find out, and we are the ones that Shredder can control. Following will make his job easier and the turtles' job harder," Kenzie countered.

"C'mon, Kenzie. You know we should be helping. If its us their gonna risk their lives to save, we deserve to be helping them beat Shredder! It can't be that hard to not let Shredder inject a shot into our skin. We just have to avoid him," Sarah insisted. Kenzie hesitated, biting her lip.

"Abby, what do you think?" she turned the conversation to Abby. The female mutant turtle shook her head immediately.

"No way. They expect us, all of us, to stay here and let them take down Shredder. They're more experienced then us. We aren't trained enough, and if Shredder catches you, you could be lost forever," Abby pointed out. Kenzie looked back and forth between her friends.

"Sarah, you're totally right! We should be helping the turtles," Kayla chimed in, slinging an arm around Sarah. "Let's go, you two! We should put our newly-learned ninja skills to the test! Plus, Abby has her awesome ninja move mode. We'll be fine!"

"But what about Splinter?" Abby protested.

"Sam will cover for us. Right, little sis?" Kayla asked her younger sibling.

"Well...." Samantha trailed off. "Sure!"

"Problem solved."

Kenzie, despite her common sense, found herself agreeing with Sarah and Kayla. "Alright. Let's go."

"I'm not coming," Abby said stubbornly, crossing her arms and narrowing her eyes angrily.

"Fine. You can help Sam cover us. We'll call if we need help," Sarah retorted, before she turned and led Kayla and Kenzie out of the lair.

"I was too mad that no one would listen to me," Abby grumbled. Suddenly, her eyes brightened. "What if I tell the turtles?"

"Uh, I dunno. Do whatever, I'm just here to pretend they're in the guest room," Samantha replied, exiting before she got too caught up in Abby's plans.

Abby grabbed her T-Phone, dialing Donnie's number and waiting for him to pick up.

~•~

Leonardo held up a hand, signaling for his team to halt. He turned and held his finger up to his lips, telling them to be quiet while he investigated.

The blue-clad turtle slipped inside the window Donnie had just opened and into the Shredder's lair, spotting Oroku Saki speaking to Baxter Stockman. Leonardo tiptoed back to his team.

"He's there. Talking to Dexter Stockfly," he informed, purposely messing up Stockman's name. "We need to sneak in some other way. Donnie, close the windo-"

Suddenly, Donatello's T-Phone began ringing it's loud tone, echoing into Shredder's throne room, making Shredder's head snap to the open window and see the turtles. He ordered something to a Footbot henchman and scowled at the mutant ninjas trying to break in.