Chapter 42: The Troubled Trio

Everyone rushed to the window, their hearts pounding. Was Shredder...gone?

As they looked over the broken glass, there was a whooshing noise. Shredder's fall suddenly reversed and he began rising, a loud clang sounding as he made contact with something. The sky beneath him shimmered, revealing a Kraang ship that was speeding away towards TCRI.

There was another thing to think about, however. Kenzie, Kayla, and Sarah were ordered to kill their friends, but instead, Shredder was the one who almost died. Apart from Abby, who was still delusional from Fishface's venom, everyone was perfectly fine.

Which could mean only one thing.

Everyone's eyes snapped to the three mind-controlled girls, who were all scowling out the window. However, their expressions turned to confusion as they faced their friends.

"How did we get inside? I thought we were on the roof," Kayla asked, Kenzie and Sarah nodding in agreement. Everyone was silent as they stared at their friends. Sam was the first to speak.

"Kayla!" she exclaimed, rushing forward and wrapping her sister in a tight hug. Kayla returned the gesture, but arched an eyebrow.

"You guys are back to normal again!" Mikey cheered. "That thing worked! Go Mikey, go Mikey, go Mikey!"

Leo smiled, genuinely proud of his younger brother. "Good work, Mikey."

The orange-clad turtle glowed with happiness. It wasn't often that his ideas actually succeeded, and it felt good knowing his brothers appreciated his achievement.

"Wait, did Shredder..." Kenzie trailed off, her hand flitting to her shoulder. She pressed down and felt the dull ache that came with getting a medical shot. Her eyes widened when she realized what happened. "How long have we been under his control?!"

Sarah and Kayla both gasped at that, but suddenly everyone's reactions made sense.

"A week," Leo responded. He opened his mouth to say something else, but Donnie cut him off.

"What happened to Abby?!" the purple-clad turtle questioned, turning everyone's attention to the poisoned turtle.

Mentally scolding herself for forgetting about Abby, Dalilah quickly explained, "Xever bit her!"

Raph's face paled at her comment. "That is not a pleasant experience."

"She needs help, fast," Donnie informed, his hands already working to pick her up. In seconds they were all rushing to escape their enemy's lair.

"Piggyback ride!" Abby exclaimed sleepily, her voice distant. Dalilah frowned, feeling as though she should've done more to prevent Abby from getting hurt.

"I'm gonna rip the robot legs off that fish," she scowled.

"Believe me, that won't stop him. I've already tried it," Raph countered snappily. Dalilah nearly made a sarcastic comment about how Raph didn't have to shoot down all her suggestions, but held it back to avoid the wrath of the red-clad turtle.

Soon enough, they were out the doors, though Dalilah fell slightly behind. She had run up all the floors to reach Shredder's throne room, and now she had to go back down only a little while later. Mikey let her ride on his shell until they were far enough away from the building to not worry about being chased, either by Footbots or Fishface and Rhazaar, who no doubt were close to awaking.