𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Their was loud metallic snap, and Rafael pulled a thin long bar from under the Jeep. "It is now."

Rafael kicked the board back under the Jeep, and wiped only some of the grime off of his face, his vision fixated on Hope. "You're going after Landon. If oyou want this car to work, I'm going with you."

"You should stay out of it," Hope advised. "He's a liar, and a thief."

"He took a stupid knife." Rafael turned giving Laya a pleading glance. "Nothing in this school is a stupid anything," Hope shot back. "Look. He's my best friend. And you? You seem vengeful."

'It's true'

From across Rafael's shoulder Hope sent a harsh glare her way. Laya simply tilted her head earning a sigh from her tribrid friend. "Let me show you something." Hope stepped forward, her hands outstretched, but Rafael was quick to stop her grabbing onto one of her wrists.

The werewolf looked to Laya, the smiley hybrid who gave him a reassuring nod. Some part of Raf told him, if Laya said, it was probably okay. Following his illogical thoughts, hesitantly, Rafael let Hope do as she was.

The tribrid placed her palms gently onto Rafael's cheeks. "Close your eyes." Rafael did as instructed, his eyes fluttered shut, and that's when it started. "Incierdia," Hope mumbled. Rafael's pupils swam around violently under the thin blanket of his eyelids.

Suddenly, the wolf jumped back, panting heavily. "What the hell was that?"

"Your best friend did that to a bus full of people on Route 29 last night, and Laya and I are the only ones who know how to find him, so give me the engine thingy." Rafael's expression went hard, and he stubbornly shook his head, "No."

"I have actual powers," Hope warned.

"And I have a long history of anger issues."

"And now, I have two friends fighting. Calm down," Laya hurried in between the two pushing them apart. "He can come."

Hope's face dropped, "What?"

"He knows Landon; he'll be an asset. And we need all the help we can get, so fix the car, and hop in." Laya grinned, a response to Rafael's small smile. Hope sent the wolf one last glare before stalking back to the Jeep, and getting inside.

Dr. Saltzman paused after opening his door, "And put a shirt on." Rafael pulled a questioning expression looking down on his tank top. "Wow, someone sounds jealous."

Rafael smiled assuring Laya it wasn't necessary that she stayed with him. Laya knew better though. "You really think I wanna be in that Jeep with angry Hope right now?"

Rafael chuckled, "As long as it's you wanting to, and not feeling like you have to."

"I've never wanted anything more in my life," Laya paused thinking over her words. "That sounds so wrong."

Together, the pair laughed. Whilst Rafael finished up, Laya kept him company. And before they knew it, Raf was done.