christmas kisses preview ~ newtmas

"Newt, oh my gosh!" Thomas shook a half-asleep Newt awake. They were watching tv when a Christmas commercial flashed across the screen, and Thomas nearly had a heart attack. He sat up on his knees on the couch, brown eyes wide, dark hair messy.

Newt, still sleepy, blinked at him and raised an eyebrow. Thomas' grin was wide and excited, and he chuckled a little bit at his adorable boyfriend. "What?"

"It's December!" The boy looked like a puppy, and Newt couldn't help but share his smile. He pulled the younger boy into his arms, squishing him to his chest and kissing the top of his head, speaking into his hair.

"That it is, love. December third, in fact."

"Which means it's almost Christmas!" Thomas squirmed and wiggled back out of his arms. He began to pace the room and make a list of things to do. "Oh my god, Newt! We still have to decorate... find a tree... and we can bake cookies and oh, my grandmother used to make a wonderful cherry cake-"

"Tommy, relax. It's gonna be great, I promise. We can bake cookies and your grandmother's cake, and have a gingerbread house, and decorate every single room in the apartment if you want."

Thomas nodded, laying back down, his head on Newt's lap, who proceeded to comb his fingers through the disheveled brown mass on Thomas' head. The boy visibly relaxed, sighing to himself.

"Promise me we'll make it special?"

"I promise, darling," Newt and his damn accent made it sound so final, so important, that Thomas just watched Newt, all of his attention on him. Newt was gorgeous; blond hair that was long enough for him to tie back, eyes the hue of dark chocolate. He always smelled good, too. Two years together, and Thomas was still amazed at Newt, every day wondering what he did to deserve him.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Tommy." 

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: hiii, long time no see! orr long time no read, badum tssss

no? okay

this is the first chapter from my christmas fic, Christmas Kisses! i haven't been updating anything here because i've been working on it for a while, and i'm updating it every day until christmas for the twelve days of christmas! (goddamnit how many times can i say christmas in one paragraph.)

It would mean so much to me if yall read it these holidays or whatever tf you wanna call them bc im not saying christmas again bahahahahahihatemyself

thank you, lovely!