endgame ~ newtmas + minho

this is a lil different,,, from my boy Min's point of view! enjoy <3

Minho Lee and Newton Sangster started high school with starry eyes, high intelligence, and bright futures. The two best friends weren't always together but never truly apart, and nothing could drive them away from each other. That summer, they had made a pact; they were best friends and no one else could have that title, and they'd tell each other everything first.

They adjusted to high school life fairly quickly, joining clubs and activities (Newt joined drama and concert band, Minho tried out for football), already excelling in classes, and making many friends. One of those friends being Thomas O'Brien. 

Thomas and Minho became close fast. They were in the same morning classes and their lockers were beside each other. They had also met previously, which probably helped. Minho fell even faster. 

Thomas was perfect for him, or so it seemed. He had soft brown hair and warm eyes, moles dotting his cheeks. Minho hadn't felt this way about anyone before, and god, was it good. Alby and Ben, having known him from elementary, warned him. 'he's not good news, he won't make a good boyfriend.' It didn't stop Minho from falling head over heels.

They talked every night about anything and everything, and you could always catch them together in the halls of Glade High play-fighting or hugging or something touchy, because Minho learned quickly that Thomas was quite the touchy feely type person.

Through him, Thomas met Newt. The two didn't talk much and only had one class together, their only thing in common was probably Minho. But of course, Newt heard about the brunet constantly. 

"Lee!" Minho heard someone calling his name from down the hall, and turned to see Alby running towards him. 

"Hey, what's-" 

"Thomaswastalkingaboutamysteryboyinclassthathelikesandhewasgivingushintsandit'seitheryouornewt." Alby was out of breath from chasing him and was talking too fast for Minho to comprehend. 

"Hang on there, brother. What?"

"Thomas was talking about some mystery boy that he likes in class. He was giving us hints as to who it might be, and it's you or Newt. He's gonna ask him out tomorrow." They slowly walked to Minho's locker, the boy hugging his binder to his chest, trying to comprehend what he'd just learned. Thomas might like him back? and ask him out on a date?

They discussed it until they got to Minho's locker, whereupon they had to go their separate ways. After all, Minho had a bus to catch or else he couldn't get back home. The whole ride was spent debating whether Thomas liked him or not with Newt. 

The next day, Minho made sure to dress a little different, and try a little harder. If his crush was gonna ask him out, he didn't want to look like a slob. As soon as he got to school, almost late for class, he didn't have time to talk to Alby or Thomas. Newt called in sick. 

Lunch brought the news. 

"It's Newt." Alby scared him by abruptly coming up behind him, no hello or anything. 

Not really paying attention, Minho answered with a "what's Newt?"

"Thomas likes Newt."

It was like Minho's whole world crashed and burned right there on the spot. Alby clapped him on the shoulder, asked if he was okay, but he just shook his head and walked away. He visited the office where he called his mother and asked if she could get him. He told them he wasn't feeling well, and went home. 

He arrived to his warm bed with his phone lighting up. 

Newt ~ hey, i need to talk to you about something important. I like Thomas, I have for a while, and he's liked me back and we've been talking for a really long time. I know you still like him, and i talked to him about it and we're both willing to wait to date if you don't want us to. I hope you're not mad. 

Minho took in a deep breath, and the tears started to fall. Of course he'd pick Newt, the tall, skinny, artsy blond instead of him. Newt had everything he didn't, why wouldn't he pick him? He turned off his phone and set it down, ignoring the other texts he was received and just cried. He cried until his chest hurt and his back ached and his lungs felt like fire and his brain was a storm. He read the texts, but didn't reply.

Newt ~ Minho?

Newt ~ Min please answer

Newt ~ i wanted to tell you in person but Alby told you so i had to do it here

Newt ~ we can wait if you want us to

But the damage was already done. No one can control who they develop feelings for, and they just happened to have a spark that Thomas didn't feel with Minho. He of course wasn't gonna make them wait, they already liked each other and making them wait wasn't going to change anything. How long had this gone on for? How long had he not seen that his best friend and crush were a thing? 

Minho ~ it's whatever, i'm happy for you

Newt ~ are you sure? 

Minho ~ yeah i'm fine

~~~

"Red or blue? Which do you think he'd like more?" Newt held up two different shirts over his chest in front of the mirror, and then for Minho to see. When the blond had asked him to help him get ready for their date, he couldn't say no to his best friend. 

Minho stood from where he was sitting,  sliding his phone into his back pocket and actually started to pay attention. "Do blue, with jeans and converse, and fix your hair like... that?" 

"Oh my gosh. Minho Lee, you are a miracle worker!" Newt said, rushing to put the blue shirt on. "How do i look?"

"Like a million bucks," Minho smiled, trying not to let his hurt show. There was a knock at the door, and Newt fidgeted and grabbed his wallet, keys and phone and shoved them in his pocket. 

He opened the door to a smiling Thomas, gorgeous as ever, eyes trained on his boyfriend of two weeks (wow, such a long time!). Newt kissed him on the cheek and then gave Minho a hug. "Bye, Min!"

"Don't stay out too late, kids!" Minho attempted a laugh, and Thomas winked at him. The two boys left, leaving Minho alone in an empty house. He sniffed a little and went into the kitchen, grabbed a tub of ice cream, and turned on Netflix to Friends.

'it seems like all of my friends are in relationships, and what am i doing? nothing!' 

Minho sighed and took a bite of the oreo ice cream. "Me too Monica, me too." 

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: sorry for this, it's late and i just wrote it in like,,, two seconds almost,,, but i had to bc im in minhos position except its worse than this and i had to let out my feelings somewhere

I hope you all are doing well, remember that i love you and if you need a shoulder to cry on like minho does then message me!!