little things ~ newtmas

Ten things that Thomas loved, will always love, about Newt (in no particular order):

1. His Hair
That blond mess on top of his head that shone in the moonlight, soft to the touch, perfect for running his fingers through when they cuddled. He loved the bun Newt used to put it in before he cut it off, how it was just long enough for him to braid.

2. His Eyes
Thomas would never stop getting lost in them, those deep, dark eyes. They told his every emotion, something Thomas learned quickly. They reminded him of chocolate, so sweet and rich and wonderful.

3. His Mouth
Those lips, so delicate and pink and soft. The way it tilted when he smiled, the way it turned down ever so slightly when he was thinking. The way that those lips moved against his own, the taste of him ever so addicting.

4. His Hands
How his long, slender fingers always intertwined with Thomas's. How they ran through his hair. How they rubbed Thomas's back when he needed to be comforted, how he held Thomas' jaw when they kissed. Every touch was intoxicating.

5. His Face
Thomas loved to look at him. His pale skin, his high cheekbones. The angle of his jaw. How he scrunched his features when confused and how much he glowed when he became delighted. Absolutely beautiful.

6. His Legs
They were ever so long, seemingly stretching out forever, a limp that made him walk a bit crooked. They gave him his height, made him slightly taller than Thomas, and they were ever so strong.

7. His Height
The gap between them was not much, only a few inches or so, but it was enough. Enough for Thomas to have to look up at him, to wrap his arms around him and easily bury his head in his neck. Only a few inches, but enough to fit them together like puzzle pieces.

8. His Voice
Newt's voice was always music to Thomas's ears. He loved the accent. He loved how it sounded when he said his name, when he said i-love-you, when he moaned for him or cursed. His morning voice was a gift from God, never failing to make Thomas weak. Heavenly.

9. His Arms
Thomas loved how strong they were. How comforting. It felt like home when they were wrapped around him, pulling him closer. How they'd sometimes carry Thomas when he'd fallen asleep somewhere. How safe they made him feel, how protective.

10. Him
All of these things (and many more than he could count) added up to the most soft, wonderful, addicting, intoxicating, beautiful, strong, heavenly, protective person Thomas ever knew. He loved the way he'd bite his lip. How he'd hold Thomas close, absentmindedly running his fingers through his hair, the way he'd smile between kisses. How every night before they fell asleep, every morning after they'd awoken and every chance in between he'd tell Thomas he loved him, just so that he could be sure he knew.

But he also loved the broken parts; the grimace on his face when his limp was bugging him, the bracelet he wore to cover his scars. How he'd wake from nightmares in tears, and only Thomas could calm him.

Thomas loved Newt with all of his heart, every single piece of him.

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: Hey lovelies!

it's a sunday and i'm super salty about having to go back to school tomorrow. Ugh, Monday.

So I know that these lists are super cliche, but we gotta recycle old plots eh? Also this is really short but oops. I wrote it at 4am when I couldn't sleep and honestly, I couldn't resist posting it. And wow look, I posted twice in a row!

A gold star to you if you actually read these one-shots and another one if you actually read my authors notes.

See you in the next chapter!