and rang ~ dylmas

The tv droned on in the background, but Dylan wasn't listening

The tv droned on in the background, but Dylan wasn't listening. He was much too focused on his boy's heartbeat, listening with his head on his chest and his eyes closed. They were wrapped in a blanket in the late hours of the morning, the sun shining through the window at the pair.

Thomas watched whatever was on the screen as he lazily ran his fingers through Dylan's hair, holding him close. They did this whenever they got the chance. Relaxing together seemed to reset everything; calm them down, stop stress, help fix any problem they had run into.

The fingers stilled, and warm lips touched Dylan's forehead. His eyes fluttered open and he looked up, met with Thomas' beautiful, dark eyes. Dylan lifted a hand and cupped Thomas' cheek, running his thumb over his cheekbones. His angel gave a small smile and he tilted his head, shifting a bit to kiss him.

Thomas tasted so sweet, so very Thomas and Dylan only wanted more. They were soft and gentle with each other, and Thomas smiled.

"Stop it!" Dylan whined pulling away. He pouted and sat up, setting his hands on Thomas' chest and straddling his lap.

"Stop what?" His angel gave him a look that made Dylan want to kiss it away, amd he groaned.

"Being so goddamn cute, ugh! You smile into the kiss and I can feel it but I can't kiss you when you're smiling and it drives me insane!" Dylan crossed his arms and turned his head, pretending to be angry and looking out the window instead.

"Sorry baby, I can't help it that you're too pretty for me not to smile," Thomas set a hand on his jaw and turned Dylan's head back to face him with an apologetic smile. Dylan giggled and wrapped his arms around his neck, kissing him again.

They were cut short by the phone ringing, though. It rang and rang and rang

And rang

And

Rang

And rang

And rang. Dylan woke up in a cold sweat, immediately reaching blindly in the dark around him. The bed was empty, the sheets were cold. As his eyes adjusted he looked around his bedroom, hoping Thomas would be there. No such luck. He turned to see his phone ringing on his nightstand, and saw that it was Teresa calling. He missed his twin, but didn't have the heart to pick up the phone and try to sound okay.

His angel was gone. Taken from him.

He flopped back into bed, closing his eyes and hoping to see him healthy and well and loving him again.

All he saw

Was the coffin

Lifted into the ground.

~ ~ ~ ~

AN: I literally wrote this in ten minutes, hope it doesn't suck, i got inspired by -rarities one shot 6am.