charcoal mask ~ newtmas

"I have a dare for Thomas," Minho gave him an evil smile from across the living room

"I have a dare for Thomas," Minho gave him an evil smile from across the living room. Brenda had gathered him, Newt, Thomas, Alby, Ben and Teresa to celebrate her birthday. They'd gotten tipsy and somehow ended up playing truth or dare. 

"Go ahead," Thomas matched his grin, sitting on the couch beside Newt, holding his hand between them. 

"Try the girls' face mask thingy," Minho looked to Brenda for confirmation, and she laughed. 

Sharing a mischievous look with Teresa, she clapped her hands. "This will be so, so fun! We should all do it, since you guys have bad skin, all the offence." She got up and went to wherever she hid her makeup.

Minho gasped. "I have the best skin here!"

"I'm pretty sure the girls do, shank. Better luck next time." Alby slapped his shoulder and Minho pouted, and Teresa beamed. Brenda came back, a small black tube in one hand, plastic sticks she called applicators and the boys chose to call plastic sticks in the other.

"Someone record this, please!" she set it all down on a table. "So basically, this is a charcoal mask. It takes all the gunk outta your nasty pores. You'll get an applicator and then you've gotta put a bit on it and then put it on your face. Don't use too much or it won't dry but don't use too little or it won't work. Simple enough?"

Everyone nodded, some mumbles of uncertainty echoing through the room. Beside Thomas, Newt had his nose scrunched up. "What if it hurts?"

Before Thomas could answer, Teresa did. "It might sting a little when you pull it off, but your skin feels really good after." She grabbed an applicator and put some on it, using her phone camera as a mirror, and put the mask down her nose, through her t-zone and across her forehead. "See? Like this."

Minho scoffed and stood up off the couch, going to the table. He took his phone out of his pocket, "let's do this then, shanks! Gimme a plastic thingy."

The boys cheered and ran for the table, fighting over who got the bottle next like a bunch of kids. Newt took a deep breath and Thomas kissed his cheek before pulling him over, giggling. Ben had begun to record, panning the room. Alby was watching the screen over his shoulder before Ben whipped around, getting a close up of Alby, who stuck his tongue out.

"It's sticky!"

"It's supposed to be, slinthead."

"You put too much!"

"You didn't use enough!"

"How much are we supposed to use?"

"Not that much, I already told you!"

"It's better thick, guys," Teresa stood beside Brenda, both girls enjoying this too much to put into words.

"It's on my shirt, Brenda help!"

Brenda sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "It isn't that hard, guys. Put it on the applicator-"

"The what?"